Thread: Do I have the latest version?

Do I have the latest version?

Hi there Bill!

Just got hptuners yesterday...

installed on my Win7 Pro 64bit laptop fine... both usb drivers, just went to device manager and selected Update Driver for both listings, and those installed fine as well.

My car is a 2006 Monte Carlo SS 5.3L w/4-speed tranny... and I also have a 2012 GMC Sierra 5.3L (w/ 6-speed tranny)...

I just want to make sure I have the latest version of the hpt software so I have no issues with reading/writing anything as I've seen around on the forums here from a few others.. and their fix was to get the latest version of hpt from you...

the version I have is 2.23.4xx... so do I have the latest version?

thanks bill!
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.23.868? I believe is the newest(at least as of yesterday morning) if you want a copy shoot me an email with your serial number bill at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks!
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

oh, another question I have...

I already have it all installed and setup on my laptop..

can I also install it on my desktop pc?? would like to be able to sit and go through tunes/create tunes on my desktop, then just use the laptop to do installs/reads...

if I CAN also install on my desktop, I just need to install the VCM suite itself, with my serial/application numbers, so that I can create/saves tunes right? I don't need to install the mpvi usb drivers right?

I don't need the mpvi adapter and cable connected to my desktop pc, since I won't be using my desktop to read/write tunes to vehicles... I will just be creating and saving tune files on there...
    06MonteSS

Senior Tuner
    You may need the drivers installed so you can poll the unit for licences etc to be able to modify and save tunes.

You can also copy your configs and scanner config over as well

Senior Tuner
    Lew, you want your desktop set up just like your lap top with the drivers so you can make changes on the desktop. Then create a shared folder on both to copy and paste files and logs back and forth.

gotcha... thanks Larry, & planethax!!
    06MonteSS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you can.

You'll need to install the drivers on the pc as well though so you can ping your interface for the current licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"