Thread: 76 % TPS at WOT

76 % TPS at WOT

I am working on the tune for the 06 Mustang GT and during my data loggin when I mash the throttle i get to 76% not 100%. This happens with my custom tune and with my stock tune. Also I dont seem to be going to open loop at the commanded TSP but I'll wait until I get the LM1 on so I can verify that with more than just the EQ ratio in the software.

Any thoughts on the TSP issue? Here is the log from the stock tune.

Senior Tuner
    Have you physically checked the blade with the accelarator to the floor to see if it is opening all the way or not? Maybe a result of torque management?? Not familiar with Ford tuning at all bud, just a guess...could you post a tune to have a look at?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    More than likely just the interpretation of ETC similar to how late model GM's will only read 86-88% when the throttle is actually physically open 100%.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Make sure your "open loop delay time" is set low. Set it to around .5 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    More than likely just the interpretation of ETC similar to how late model GM's will only read 86-88% when the throttle is actually physically open 100%.

Can we fix it? I doubt (but who knows) the ECU actually thinks the throttle position is 76% when full throttle. That would make other parts of the tune hard to interpret and control if we dont really know what TP is being commanded and achieved.

-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Fox95
    Make sure your "open loop delay time" is set low. Set it to around .5 secs.
    The OPEN LOOP DELAY VS RPM VS GEAR table is zero'd out.

OL Delay Ramp is 0.50
    OL Delay Ramp is 0.50
    OL Delay Maximum is 20.00

I assume you mean the delay vs rmp vs gear table, so factory on this mustang is all zeros

-Ken

post up your tune for me to have a look at, I am curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    This seems to be right.. I get 75% at WOT even with all TM removed and ETC settings increased...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeTech

OL Delay Ramp is 0.50
    OL Delay Ramp is 0.50

I assume you mean the delay vs rmp vs gear table, so factory on this mustang is all zeros

-Ken
    Here is the stock tune from the car I am working on.

-Ken

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeTech

OL Delay Ramp is 0.50
    OL Delay Ramp is 0.50

-Ken
    Ken, as I wrote in the other thread:

Actually, let's not confuse OL Delay Maximum here. Usually it is always set to 20 seconds. You don't even have to touch that generally (just never have it lower than your other OL Delays). One should set OL Delay Ramp to 0.1, OL Delay Blend Ramp to 0.5, and set the Open Loop Delay table to all 0s (if it isn't already - some cals already are). Ford's code is setup that if the OL Delay Ramp scalar is lower than the Open Loop Delay table (or if both are 0s), then you will always get a "ramp" effect from CL to OL. This is fine, but not necessarily desirable, such as on a forced induction vehicle (especially a PDB setup). By setting it for the shortest time possible (0.1 is just fine), then the pcm will switch instantly to the Commanded OL value. One may want this effect on an N/A vehicle (it's usually slight anyway).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Ken, as I wrote in the other thread:

Actually, let's not confuse OL Delay Maximum here. Usually it is always set to 20 seconds. You don't even have to touch that generally (just never have it lower than your other OL Delays). One should set OL Delay Ramp to 0.1, OL Delay Blend Ramp to 0.5, and set the Open Loop Delay table to all 0s (if it isn't already - some cals already are). Ford's code is setup that if the OL Delay Ramp scalar is lower than the Open Loop Delay table (or if both are 0s), then you will always get a "ramp" effect from CL to OL. This is fine, but not necessarily desirable, such as on a forced induction vehicle (especially a PDB setup). By setting it for the shortest time possible (0.1 is just fine), then the pcm will switch instantly to the Commanded OL value. One may want this effect on an N/A vehicle (it's usually slight anyway).
    Thats how I understood it. Was just making sure I was clear after Fox posted to set it to .5 when mine was all zeros.

-Ken

Ken I was looking at your tune and first thing I saw was you're commanding 12.0 :1 afr after 3500 rpms in your base fuel map..

are you supercharged? I have to assume that it is only N/A by looking at the MAF curve.

I'd recommend 12.6-12.8 afr in that range. but its your car.

Secondly I have always been referring to "OL Delay Ramp" which is at .5 in your tune.

I was not referring to "OL delay Maximum", which is at 20 in your tune.

Sorry for the confusion on this everyone...

So now that I'm calling it OL Delay Ramp like everyone else here. I will state again. That in the newer 05+ cars, The OL Delay ramp is usually set right... It's the older cars that I have seen this number set high for some reason and the car will not go into open loop on accel. I have had this issue with many MACH 1 mustangs.

So lets move on, I really don't think there's any issues with your tune, I looked over it and can't find anything that would cause it to not go open loop.

I feel at this time you really need to use the wbo2 to determine if your getting there, if you are unable to verify it by data logging.

Unfortunately I haven't used the hptuners scanner on fords yet. The SCT one is the one I use since it's so thorough, there's an actual pid for "open loop flag" on the sct and you can determine exactly what rpm, load and tps position you go into open loop with it.

ben
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Hey Ben. That tune file is the stock tune for the car, my tune has some modifications to the tranny table mostly, will work on fuel and spark when I hook up the LM1 to it, probably this weekend. I dont really like all the different spark adder on the for, especially the IMRC stuff, I'll probably get the delete plates and tune that crap out. The rest looks pretty strait forward. I am on the list for the FRPP cams due out any day now so I'll probably do a lot of tuning when those come in.

-Ken

I just did an 08 gt with a cat back exhaust, BBK cai, and the imrc delete plates, I have to look back at the dyno runs, but I want to say it made, 302 hp when I was done(this was a dynojet correction factor number), the superflow correction number was, I think 288 hp. I usually give both HP numbers as some people like seeing the big dynojet number, and some people don't.

I have not had a chance to see any of the new ones with cams yet. Just superchargers and turbos. I've done a few new cobra's, those are slick cars, a little pricey though.
    Last edited by Fox95; 04-22-2008 at 11:35 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox95
    I just did an 08 gt with a cat back exhaust, BBK cai, and the imrc delete plates, I have to look back at the dyno runs, but I want to say it made, 302 hp when I was done(this was a dynojet correction factor number), the superflow correction number was, I think 288 hp. I usually give both HP numbers as some people like seeing the big dynojet number, and some people don't.

I have not had a chance to see any of the new ones with cams yet. Just superchargers and turbos. I've done a few new cobra's, those are slick cars, a little pricey though.
    Just a bit pricey. LOL! They still charge $20,000 over MSRP for them here in AZ.

Bringing this back did an 05 GT with stage 3 cams, BBK 62mm TB, shorties, and noticed the TPS was only going to 77%. Looking into the tune I thought throttle angle should be showing at least 82%

Anyone experience this?

EDIT: Apparently this is normal
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    That's normal, mine is 76% at wot.

Thats normal.
    But there is also relative TPS SAE, and this one is what You need in some tables, like fuel tables, ol table... and this is max of 64%.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl