Thread: Return to idle help

Tuner in Training

Return to idle help

I've been reading and tweaking the tune for months, and I still cannot seem to get my car to return to idle right when coming to a stop. RPM goes way down, then comes back up to normal, sometimes with a short bit of hunting between 800-1200ish rpm. Once it gets to idle, it's usually fine. The weather here has been bipolar as hell, so every now and then it'll act up a bit. I'm about at wits end with this, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevant information:
    2004 GTO
    402ci LS1, ~11.5:1 CR
    worked/milled 243 heads
    250/254 .615"/.615" 110LSA
    42lb injectors
    ported FAST90/90mm TB
    CAI/long tubes/exhaust(no cats)/UDP
    6spd trans

AFR in the log is approx. .3 leaner than the gauge reads, I recently got an Innovate MTX-L and have been using the LC1 pid, haven't taken the time to make one for the MTX-L. Also, the cable I have for some reason doesn't like beta, so I'm running 2.2 and as such can't load a 2.23 tune. I can however open it in 2.23 and copy the changes over, if someone would find it easier to just make necessary changes than to explain it. While I would like to learn what needs to be done in this situation, at this point all I really care about is my car not acting up while driving it every day.

If there are any parameters not logged that you want logged, let me know and I'll get a log done ASAP. This week is my spring break, and until Royal Purple gets us their panel truck to fix our small shop doesn't have much work to do, so I'll be using the time to get some (much needed) work done on my own vehicle.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Long tubes play hell at idle, depending on a few things....overlap, location of O2's, correct fueling and timing at idle.

I ended up forcing PE at idle and have no problems, OL or CL,

Tuner in Training
    Mine is in open loop entirely, PE set to 1 at idle, and likes idling best at 15.8-16.2