Thread: Need a hand - starter tune e38 ls7

Tuner in Training

Need a hand - starter tune e38 ls7

Hi guys,

This might be a waste of everyone's time but I figured I would ask and see what happens.
    I put in a cam, heads etc to my ls7 and going to drive it 130 miles on the highway to the tuner.
    I have the HPT pro and took a whack at getting things drivable.

The stock tune wasn't bad for idle quality but drivabilty sucked. I took a guy's help and put conservative numbers in for some places to get it mobile and it DOES idle and drive. Not well mind you, but I can move the car around now without stalling it most of the time.

However, 1st and 2nd gear type speeds crawling around the neighborhood type of deal I get quite a decent amount of KR.

I don't really know what to do and just wondering if people can take a peek. I don't need a quality tune or anything, but I do need something I can safely drive the highway to the tuner without blowing it up.

Attached is the tune and log file, as you can see the knock shows up about 2000 rpm, give or take. I did try a heavier throttle toward the end and while there was knock, it was only about 1.5 degrees vs 3.5 degrees at the lower throttle.

I'm basing this from the stock tune, as I really don't understand how to do this and taking bits and pieces from suggestions as I get them to play with. This is my first attempt at this stuff and I know that I don't know anything right now. So if you do help with this, can you tell me what you suggest changing and why so I can learn what things are for and why it would help. Grand scheme of things anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    (And yes, I know this tune is horrible hehe)
    Attached Files Attached Files