Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trial before purchase?

My settings work for all downloads except yours?

Your download is the only one with differant installer? Compare to all your downloads and right click on them, properties. HP Tuners is the only one differant ie no run as admin is one although there are a lot. Although I have never had to use Run as Admin option. Point is if you right click HP Tuner download file, properties HP Tuner it is differant then any other downloaded software which are all the same of which I have no issues?

Also right click properties on any download. HP Tuners is the only one on General tab to have Type of File and Opens with. BTW mine says to open with Windows installer.

If you look at type of all downloaded software they all say Application. HP Tuners says Windows Installer Package.

Really I hope that helps you.

I'm not going to change my computers just for your software then have issues with the rest of the world. HP Tuners is the only download differant then the rest of world is using.

Also installed a HP Tuners folder and error changed from 1303 to 1307.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately I don't think theres much we'll be able to do, all signs point to a pc related issue of some sort otherwise we likely would've heard about this years ago as nothing has changed as far as our installer is concerned in probably 3 years. I know its not what you wanted to hear but I can't find much info on that error and haven't run into the 1303 or 1307 errors in all the installs I've done on my personal pc's and dozens of customer pc's that I've installed our software on over the last several years.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    My settings work for all downloads except yours?

Your download is the only one with differant installer? Compare to all your downloads and right click on them, properties. HP Tuners is the only one differant ie no run as admin is one although there are a lot. Although I have never had to use Run as Admin option. Point is if you right click HP Tuner download file, properties HP Tuner it is differant then any other downloaded software which are all the same of which I have no issues?

Also right click properties on any download. HP Tuners is the only one on General tab to have Type of File and Opens with. BTW mine says to open with Windows installer.

If you look at type of all downloaded software they all say Application. HP Tuners says Windows Installer Package.

Really I hope that helps you.

I'm not going to change my computers just for your software then have issues with the rest of the world. HP Tuners is the only download differant then the rest of world is using.

Also installed a HP Tuners folder and error changed from 1303 to 1307.
    Can you answer why the above is true?

Just for kicks I tried on two freinds laptops when they came to the house, same issue. So that's a total of 5 PCs.

Or can you not download and install? Must you run from internet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Can you answer why the above is true?

Just for kicks I tried on two freinds laptops when they came to the house, same issue. So that's a total of 5 PCs.

Or can you not download and install? Must you run from internet?
    You can download & install.

I can run as admin without issue if I wanted to, but I've never needed to. Seems like you are the only person having this issue so I'm not sure what to think.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you want, contact me at support as I ahve a couple of things I'd like to try remotely on your pc to see if I can't get it up and running.

Senior Tuner
    I just tried with 2 laptops and my office pc, works fine for me here, no issues.

I can't believe I'm going to try this again on a new laptop I just got. But I am so fed up with my EFI Live mistake I'm seriously considering trying your software. but I can't even get it to install? SHows how desperate I am...

Has there been any changes in download? It's still the only one in my download files with an extension of .msi all others are .exe and work fine. Why is yours .msi ?

Your not going to beleive this but I just tried to load this software, same download in same computer as this entire thread is about... and it works!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    cool

Yeah but I feel like an idiot! It's not like I'm new to PCs... anyway the issue was some security software I had, that is gone, but had changed permissions on red/write to folders!

I really like what I see in HP Tuners so far... dam it...