Thread: ported intake - ltft still the same/

ported intake - ltft still the same/

I put on a radically (stage 2) ported intake, reset the ltft, drove like 30 miles & THEN started logging for like 20 miles/
    the trims were dead on before, & they are pretty much dead on now/
    I mean it's really obvious that the car pulls better, but I expected that I have to adjust the ve table by around 3% (at least)

any ideas?
    BION
    StarCaller

Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    I put on a radically (stage 2) ported intake, reset the ltft, drove like 30 miles & THEN started logging for like 20 miles/
    the trims were dead on before, & they are pretty much dead on now/
    I mean it's really obvious that the car pulls better, but I expected that I have to adjust the ve table by around 3% (at least)

any ideas?
    A ported intake won't change anything until you move a bunch of air through it like in WOT. Porting is a WOT strategy so to speak.

hmm, it feels different w/o wot, too.
    obviously at wot the difference would be way more noticeable, but anyway....
    BION
    StarCaller

Senior Tuner
    Your MAF sensor is still reading the airflow the same way, so there's no need for the fuel trims to change.

Do you have your VE tuned or are you running strictly MAF? If you're running speed density I'd expect more of a change in the tune with a ported intake than with a MAF. If you're running both like GM does, it's probably worth killing the MAF temporarily and dialing in the VE again, then re-enabling the MAF.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

maf/
    I guess I'll leave it alone then & be happy the way it is/
    thanks for helping/explaining neway!
    BION
    StarCaller