Thread: Crazy KR

Crazy KR

Can I get an assit please. This is a 5.3 truck, I recently went from a z06 cam to a TR220. I had little to no KR with the Z06 cam. But after the install I have some issues. Im getting quiet a bit of KR, But almost none at WOT. It does it most when its shifts into 3rd with little to no throttle mostly or on decel. I went back in and pulled the timing cover and valve covers and its all in order. I tought it might be somewhere in my old tune for the Z06 cam. So I went back to stock and started to tune from there. Still the same, here is a log from today.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sounds like "possible" false knock. Here's how to diagnose false knock:
    Take out 5 degrees more than it's showing as Knock in both Hi & Lo Octane spark tables. If the knock goes away it's real. If still there, its false. Just increase the KS Global Gain to make it go away if it's "fake". Go up in .1 increments.

The area where you are knocking is a common area for real knock though. The thing that bugs me is that you are seeing KR on throttle closure. That is some kind of mechanical noise in the engine that the sensors are picking up as knock. It's not normal to have KR ever at 1200 RPM at .24 g/cyl. I think I would give the engine a once over.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Can you put up a copy of your .bin or send me a copy. [email protected]

please post the .hpt file
    -Scott -