Thread: No power from blue pin 59

Advanced Tuner

No power from blue pin 59

I can't hook up to the PCM because there is no power coming from pin 59 going to obdII pin 2. I had it a few days ago then the next time I went to hook it up, nothing. Any idear where pin 59 should be getting its power from? I changed pcm's today with another on thats compatable and it's doing the same thing so I don't thing it's the PCM. The engine will run on starting fluid due to me not being able to disable the vats.
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)

Advanced Tuner
    There shouldn't be power on C1-59, and the data link connector shouldn't have power on pin2. C1-59 is the backdoor communication line from PCM to BCM. C1-58 should go to your ALDL pin 2. ALDL pin 16 should be all time power.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    There shouldn't be power on C1-59, and the data link connector shouldn't have power on pin2. C1-59 is the backdoor communication line from PCM to BCM. C1-58 should go to your ALDL pin 2. ALDL pin 16 should be all time power.
    I don't have an option for pin 58, in my swap 59 is the data. I don't know what went wrong but all day today I removed e Rey pin from the harness to tidy up the wires and hooked it ll back up. Right after I read this I went out to hook up hpt and viola, it works.
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)