Thread: 3.6 kenne bell base tune?

Advanced Tuner

3.6 kenne bell base tune?

Greetings

A customer wants to install a 3.6 on a stock camaro, does enyone has a base file for it?
    it has de mamooth intake ( so I think the best is to have a base MAF calibration to start it)
    right now, I cant even start it, even if I change tje injector data it just sputters and doesnt dies

Quote Originally Posted by miguelc View Post
    Greetings

A customer wants to install a 3.6 on a stock camaro, does enyone has a base file for it?
    it has de mamooth intake ( so I think the best is to have a base MAF calibration to start it)
    right now, I cant even start it, even if I change tje injector data it just sputters and doesnt dies
    base tunes are purchased for cash by your customers. you can call a base tune the stock tune. add your injector data and tune the ve or maf tables. airflow at idle will not be building boost so it should be close to the same as no s.c. not untill you build boost does it change.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Quote Originally Posted by miguelc View Post
    Greetings

I have 2 KB 2010SS files, both were cammed and manuals.

Here's one of the files for the KB cam'd manual 2010 SS. If you have an LSA motor, you probably won't be able to have as much timing. If it's an LS3, start off with about 12 degrees of timing and go from there.

Potential Tuner

Kenne Bell Tune

Dastardly - What kind of injectors is that file for? I have 80# SD injectors and was going to use the file as a base tune... but the data didn't look like 80# data. I'll change the injectors if they were for SD 60# injectors. Also.. the file is for the 3.6 Kenne Bell blower?

Tuner
    That's a file I uploaded to the repository from my car, which is an LS3 M6 with the 2.8kb. It's got the #60 injectors that come with the kit. It's also got a .614/.624 cam (Comp 177Lrr) in it with 2" primary headers. It's also got the low-boost bypass valve on it, so theres no mechanical authority on the valve since it doesn't make much vacuum.
    I really don't think this tune would work very well for you, but if you compare it a stock file for a CTS-V, ZR1, or even a stock SS, you'll see where the changes are made. I do have copies of the stock KB 2.8 tune, pm me if you want me to email it. I'm also a KB authorized installer, and can get you a file for a 3.6 if you need.

On another note, why is it your customer wants the 3.6? Putting a 3.6 on a stock Camaro isn't the right way to go. Bigger isn't better, and it's not going to run in it's peak efficiency, and will actually make less power with less driveability than the 2.8. Unless you've got a 1000hp goal, stick with the 2.8. On a stock motor, the 2.8 with a good tune will push 520+/- at the wheels depending on the dyno, with excellent drivability.