Thread: Can someone please help me........very frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training

Can someone please help me........very frustrated!!!!!!!!!

ive been trying to get my car on the road for some timenow,and it sems like its one thing after another.ill make it a long story short and just talk about the current problems.

problem #1........car idles under 500 when in gear and goes lean according to my afx wb.ive added fuel and also raised idle and it still does the same thing in gear.i cant even do the russ k idle cofig because it barely runs in gear...

problem #2.......I have a 2.5 bar map from a forum member,but the map logs backwards. example..at idle it reads 60 to 65 kpa like normal.but when I give it throttle the map kpa goes into the 40's instead of torwards atmosphere.with the map not logging correctly its causing my afr error to log in the wrong kpa area,therefore being useless to fix my tune.

I need help...........
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll takes a look tomorrow, can't view anything on my phone. In regards to map reading, think of it like an upside down v on you be table. With a cam it's going to idle where its at n the vacuum is going to go numerically lower before it goes higher. For it to idle that low, most likely due to needing air

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I'll takes a look tomorrow, can't view anything on my phone. In regards to map reading, think of it like an upside down v on you be table. With a cam it's going to idle where its at n the vacuum is going to go numerically lower before it goes higher. For it to idle that low, most likely due to needing air
    ok maybe I had a brain fart...I thought idle would be your lowest vacuum reading and the number would increase with more throttle

Tuner
    well since you are in open loop you have 3 choices since the w/b says you are lean! open current tune under engine tab/idle tab/airflow tab/idle airflow tab take some air away ie lower numbers!!! or add to f/a open loop.... fuel tab / open closed loop tab/eq ratio make it like 1.03 or 1.04=this will put in 14.2 afr range or in stoich afr just put it at 14.00 afr fuel tab / general tab /air fuel ratio tab just to see if it will idle... now this all depends on correct voltage while running min 13volt to 14 volt and the injector data you have in the tune is correct hth

Tuner
    Your map sensor is working right. When you pop the throttle the reading goes up exactly like its supposed to do, but then it goes down...caused by this cam not able to produce much vacuum at idle.When you give it gas and hold a steady RPM, you can see your KPA go lower than your idle, which is exactly what it should do. And why does your timing drop to 8 degrees in the middle of the log? Was that when you put it in gear?

Tuner in Training
    Yes thats probly when put in gear.possibly why it wont idle in gear