Thread: Code U1000 After Disabling VATS

Potential Tuner

Code U1000 After Disabling VATS

A co-worker asked me to disabling VATS on his 2001 Grand Am, we did this on Wednesday and haven't had any issues until today. He also had issues with the fuel gauge so a shop changed out his fuel pump yesterday. Now his door locks and radio do not work and the car is throwing code U1000.
    In HPTuners I set VATS to disable and VATS Fuel Shut Off to Disable along with setting DTC P1626 to "3 - No Error Reported" and DTC P1629 to "3 - No Error Reported.

Whoever he had read the codes said that U1000 is showing up as a past and current code.

Could disabling VATS cause code U1000 to be thrown or is it more likely something that the shop did? I did read that U1000 could have been set while I was writing to the PCM which would explain the past code but not the present.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hailster; 10-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Any write to the PCM will place that code in there. Did you pop the radio fuse? If you did, the car will start and die within seconds. Went through the exact same thing yesterday in a 2001 V6 Malibu
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. It ended up being a mistake that the shop made that ended up blowing the BCM.