Thread: Credits

Potential Tuner

Credits

Does it cost credits each time I read/mod/write a file to a car or only the first time to the car?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    only the first time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    So I've been reading, and to flash a file from your repository will cost me two credits, correct? How about flashing a file from somewhere else, like a friend gives me? Will that take the two extra credits also? And let's say I make a backup file of the stock tune, put it on a them drive and then tune the hell out of the car, then want to flash that stock file back on it someday, will flashing that separate file cost me two credits also?

Sorry for the questions, just wanting to learn this credit system it before deciding on a product as I'm also looking at another product as well.

Senior Tuner
    When first licencing vehicle you licence the VCMID (pcm serial#) and the stock file. This will cost 2 credits(veh dependant)
    If then you wanted to flash a file from repository or from somewhere else like a friend (not really recommended) it would cost you 2 credits to licence the new file.

You could however take your stock file and new file (from repository or friend etc) and compare the differences if compatible and copy over and flash.

Once you licence a file it is always licenced, so if you wanted to flash your stock file back that would not cost you.

Like planet man said, its not wise to take a different file and write it to your car. For one its going to cost you another 100 bucks and two, its not always the best idea to trust someone elses files that you know nothing about. The vehicle might just be thrown together and the tune might not even be close to correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Last credit question... Does it take credits just to read? I see some people are asking for a stock file from GM trucks, as i work at a dealership, I could provide these... as long as it wouldn't cost me to read and save the info to my laptop.

Does not cost anything to read, only if you want to edit that file will you have to pay anything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ok i am trying to make since of this. Lets say it is a 00 car. Now i need to have 1 credit to licence the pcm serial number with that car. Then if i upload a new mod or tune then i will need one more credit.
    What if i mod the stock tune that was pulled out and mod it and reload it? How many credits for that. Also if i do mod the original is there a way to save that original elsewhere then mod it so i always have a backup of the oem tune?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You read the stock file from the vehicle, license it(2 credits) and tune that calibration an unlimited amount of times, forever. Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You read the stock file from the vehicle, license it(2 credits) and tune that calibration an unlimited amount of times, forever. Very simple.
    ok so pretty simple then 2 credits per auto. this will let me pull the oem file from vehicle and then retune it and write it back with the ability to keep the oem file and the tuned file.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes.

I submitted a contact form this morning hope to hear from one of you guy soon. Looking forward to it. Thanks Josh

Advanced Tuner
    only the first time.
    ......Bill just after some info mate , need some credits for tomorrow if I order today whats the time-frame in which I will receive them cheers Bret Ultimate Lsx Tuning

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    instantly.

Advanced Tuner
    instantly.
    ........Wicked thanks for you time Bill