Thread: Help with first HP Tuners file

Tuner
    31mar.hpl
    issues around 8:49

Quote Originally Posted by spdmn75 View Post
    31mar.hpl
    issues around 8:49
    Jon,

Please add Commanded AFR Hi Res to your PID lists, need to see this for subsequent scans.

Power Enrichment needs some adjusting (have requested this in the past). Change Power Enrich>PE Enable>Map from 95 kPa to 75 kPa. Change PE Throttle/Pedal from 25 to 20. Change Power Enrichment> EQ Ratio (Gas) to all 1.23 across the table. Change PE Delay to 0 rpm. This will fix your 8:49 event on your log which is PE related...late to go active, very erratic and a bit rich, even for your setup.

For the next log also change Airflow>Dynamic>High RPM Disable from 2000 to 400 and Re-enable from 1900 to 390. This will allow MAF only tuning for now).

Also, please remove 5% (multiply by .95) from the entire MAF table. This should bring you LT and ST trims down to single digits. If after you do the above, log levels from idle to like 3000 rpm and see that your LT and ST trims are moving from current -10% avg. closer to zero. If they are lean (+ value of more than say 5-10) then put back the 5% you removed (multiply by 1.05). This is necessary as you were in the blended MAF/VE mode up to 2000 rpm and I just want to make sure we don't need to do any tweaking of the VE, which I don't think you do.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 04-01-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    made the changes, here's a log, but no afr commanded logged. will get it on the next one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

made the changes, here's a log, but no afr commanded logged. will get it on the next one.
    Trims look better. I forgot to say (or ask) that you reset your trims through the Scanner VCM controls (on off 100x icon on the scanner tool bar just to the left of the white engine)>Fuel & Spark and click "reset fuel trims" box before each tuning reflash/log session. If you get the same results as from the last session then perform the following MAF adjustments -- 4500-8250 HZ (multiply by .98) and 8400 and up (multiply by .97). I tweaked your .cfg a bit and added a few histograms. I'll include that in the post as well.

CTS-V.cfg

Please add commanded AFR to you PID list for the next session.

I am still perplexed why your PE isn't kicking in.....for the next set of logs, set the pedal value to 10 please.

Thanks

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 04-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Sure am glad I read this thread!! Thanks for the help you've been giving mowton as I've had some of these questions as well!

Tuner
    here a short almost wot. Also at 2:15 still getting a heavy studder only on decal that is driving me nuts try to get rid of
    7:16 knock starts

Tuner
    2nd small low speed log after a fill up. 92oct

Jon,

We need to remove a lot of the GM adders in the spark area so we can better control it. In the Engine> Spark window please zero the entire Spark Correction AFR Correction>Gas table. Next in the IAT Spark Advance correction table, zero the -40 to 131 (including) columns. In the ECT Spark Advance Correction table, zero the -4 to 158 (including) columns, subtract 1 from the 212 column and subtract 2 from the 230 column. This should allow the HO Spark table to better mandate the actual spark requirements and still leave the temperature related safety aspects on-line.

While I see the PE activation improved, please lower the pedal to 7 (should have been 10) and raise the Map enrichment from 75 to 85 kPa.

I also see the trims are a bit high again. Please post the latest file after you make the above corrections so I can make sure where we are. Also I couldn't really see the studder which you spoke of. Can you give me more info on it?

Thanks,

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 04-05-2014 at 07:04 AM.

[email protected]

Tuner
    adjusted tune

Tuner
    the studder is only on decel, mainly at lower speeds. It feels like 2 cylinders cut off. its a very sharp shake. Basically when there's no load on the engine. The second you give it gas its gone. not bucking like a big cam would do, but like its dropping fuel or spark to a few cylinders

Tuner
    Ignore the dates on the previous post. This as of 10 min ago

around 8:20 on the first I started the pulls
    Last edited by spdmn75; 04-05-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Tuner
    It looks like it's commanding 11.93 which I believe is to lean. Also looks like 15.5 lbs of boost if my math is right. The knock seems to be better

The major contributor to the knock was the spark adders giving you like 22 degrees of timing. We just corrected that. It's actually commanding like 11.5 based on E10 stoich afr of 14.2. Using lambda it is 23 percent enriched.

I'm not at a computer but at what tps/map did the pe cut in at?

What size pulley are you using?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 04-05-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Tuner
    Mods are 2.5 upper. 8.6 lower Airaid intake. Stock exhaust. And ls9 cam

Tuner
    I'll have to look at the tps. I actually adjusted that after the previous posting. I see you have to lead the map enable to get it to command afr just when it starts going into boost

I'll have to look at the tps. I actually adjusted that after the previous posting. I see you have to lead the map enable to get it to command afr just when it starts going into boost
    You can fatten up the pe at like 4500 rpm and up if you are conc erned. Say 1.25 or so.

[email protected]

Tuner
    do you mean the initial afr dropping or something else? this was WOT
    Last edited by spdmn75; 04-05-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Tuner
    this is the initial drop of afr

adjusted tune
    2 quick observations on tune work5, somehow the Power enrichment Map Hys (hysteresis) is at 80, s/b 6? This is what is keeping the PE active for so long. I like the way it is activating now. In the IAT Spark Correction table I said zero the columns Including 131 degrees column, set to zero's please.

I will look at the MAF values tomorrow AM.

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner
    adjusted