Thread: MAP sensor reading 24 lbs boost..HELP!

Potential Tuner

MAP sensor reading 24 lbs boost..HELP!

My MAP sensor reading is showing 24 lbs of boost on my 02 GTP, my mechanical gauge reads 11 lbs which is what my pulley will make. I also did a data log with my snap on solus pro and it reads this as well, before i used hp tuners it was reading normal and i have no idea why it has changed , i don't think i did anything to change this value, i look under OS tab and there are no buttons to change map setting, has any one seen anything like this before. Any help is appreciated.

The map sensor is also new and reads normal in a friends car.

Potential Tuner
    any body?????????
    Last edited by boosted02GTP; 07-02-2014 at 09:12 PM.

How are you making it read 24 psi of boost?

Are you using a pid or just doing that kpa to boost conversion in the tools thing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post a scanner log of the issue.

Potential Tuner

log file

Here is a log reading 170 kPa. thanks for the reply Bill.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats only 10.5 to 11 psi.

You gotta remember its a 2 bar MAP sensor. So anything from 0-100 KPA is like -20 vac to 0 vac. So from 0-73 kpa after the frist 100 is yours boost number. So 173 kpa is like 10.5ish psi of boost.

Looks like it knocks pretty good, hopefully you have some flow mods. You must be running atleast a 3.4 pulley to be making over 10 psi.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Thats only 10.5 to 11 psi.

You gotta remember its a 2 bar MAP sensor. So anything from 0-100 KPA is like -20 vac to 0 vac. So from 0-73 kpa after the frist 100 is yours boost number. So 173 kpa is like 10.5ish psi of boost.

Looks like it knocks pretty good, hopefully you have some flow mods. You must be running atleast a 3.4 pulley to be making over 10 psi.

ahh makes sense now , I just don't understand why it doesn't know that 100 kPa is 0 boost, ie. it reads 24lbs when I change the MAP unit on the chart to psi. I have a 3.25 pulley on it and am just trying to get rid of some knock first, I also have a 3" down pipe with 2 1/2 exhaust tube , front p log, 103'S in it, a ported supercharger and TB with a big k&n on it. PM me any tuning tips to get started if you would like.

thanks.

You have to make a special pid to make it read boost psi correctly or atleast pretty damn close.

Personally, I think that a 3.25 is a tad small and not helping the KR problem. Perhaps if you were running meth injection would it be better. But I would run a 3.4 and see how much knock you have, You could lower timing to like 13-14 at WOT and see if it reduces it some. (adder change the final numbers off the high/low octane tables)

Hopefully you have a wideband aswell, to make sure it's not going lean and that you are running the highest octane from the pump.

Try this config, it has the boost pid on it. See if it reads boost when you get on it. If it doesnt read, you need to be logging the correct stuff in your table.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-04-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You have to make a special pid to make it read boost psi correctly or atleast pretty damn close.

Personally, I think that a 3.25 is a tad small and not helping the KR problem. Perhaps if you were running meth injection would it be better. But I would run a 3.4 and see how much knock you have, You could lower timing to like 13-14 at WOT and see if it reduces it some. (adder change the final numbers off the high/low octane tables)

Hopefully you have a wideband aswell, to make sure it's not going lean and that you are running the highest octane from the pump.

Try this config, it has the boost pid on it. See if it reads boost when you get on it. If it doesnt read, you need to be logging the correct stuff in your table.
    I have a innovate wideband installed and also have 42.5 lb injectors with a zzp in tank pump, I got the pulley from my dad so I figured ide try it, the only other pulley I have currently is the stock one. Im thinking il keep the pulley on and play with my spark and fuel to make it run. Im still pretty new with hp tuners so Im trying to make small changes hoping for a positive result! Any tips on tuning my injectors?????