Thread: C7 rev limiter

Tuner in Training

C7 rev limiter

Having problems moving the rev limiter past 6600 on a C7.
    At 7:03 minutes into the attached log you can see the throttle close at 6600 or so in 1st gear and again in 2nd. Its a soft cut.
    Tune attached and scan attached. Please note the wide band wasnt hooked up.
    Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks all
    C7 scan rev limiter scan tune..hplraised rev limiter stock 2014 c7 Z51 7sp file.hpt

Oil temp limiter and cold limiter are still set to 6600
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for chiming in Veeee8.
    However if you look closer at the tune file you will find both the Cold limiter and Oil temp limiter are not set at 6600 for normal operating temperatures.

Any other suggestions?
    Anyone?

Thanks

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    let me take a look...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

change under SPEEDO>GMLAN to Calibration and lookunder your cutoff Hyst low it to 100 or so.

What was oil temp? I find it very odd that the limiter is set to 6600 is some areas, and it is still hitting a 6600 limit, especially since its only 73 mph. Raise the oil temp limiter and see.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

^ the limits are fine when the car is up to temp.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Sultan Hassan, I will try your suggestions. Before I posted for help I did run 1 calibration with the hyst at 275 and the Speedo> GM LAN/Calibration selected to Calibration.

Veee8 may have a point in a round about way. I am looking at the oil temp table. This table may not be engine oil temp. Dont think so but it could be the transmission oil temp or the differential oil temp both of which warm up much slower than engine oil temp. I know in the C6 or C5 (cant recall which) the oil temp wasnt engine oil temp as one would assume. It was actually transmission oil temp depending if you had a M6 or A4 or A6. I am going to check it out and repost as soon as I make another run. Thank you both

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Vee8 and Sultan Hassan. I had success adjusting the rev limit. But not until I logged the eng oil temp and the transmission oil temp. I found the engine oil temp quickly went into normal operating range which was above the lower limit of the "oil temp" table. So this table shouldn’t have limited rpm. Then I looked at the transmission oil temp. It was 93* here today. In rush hour traffic it took the transmission oil temp 13 minutes to climb to 122* and another 10 minutes for it to stabilize around 149*. So I raised the rpm in the lower temperature areas of the table. This worked.
    So based on my experience I have to conclude the "oil temp" limit table is for transmission oil temp, not engine oil temperature.
    We also learned that the air ducts and transmission cooler on a Z51 C7 M7 are very efficient.
    Thank you both for your help.