Thread: WOT lockup on 6l80e

Advanced Tuner

WOT lockup on 6l80e

all the ctsv's and camaros have tcc lockup even on 1st gear, do you guys remove that completely or what do you guys do?

I usually lock 3rd and up on most cars, 4th and up on most trucks. Locking in lower gears is going to put a lot of stress on the trans. Will it hurt a stock or near stock vehicle? Probably not for a long time, remember all stock GM calibrations have passed validation and testing at GM.

For longevity, zero out the TCC slip rpm and adjust pressure as needed.

Tuner
    I have yet to see a CTS-V or 5th gen Camaro that commands lockup in 1st gear.
    2013 ZL1 A6

Advanced Tuner
    have 2 files in front of me where the WOT lock up on both vehicles in first gear is at 22 mph. 3.23 gears on both iirc.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VodeAn View Post
    I usually lock 3rd and up on most cars, 4th and up on most trucks. Locking in lower gears is going to put a lot of stress on the trans. Will it hurt a stock or near stock vehicle? Probably not for a long time, remember all stock GM calibrations have passed validation and testing at GM.

For longevity, zero out the TCC slip rpm and adjust pressure as needed.
    hence why i am questioning if its fine.

If GM locks it at WOT on every gear then it should be fine, and make more power correct?

to be cautious i changed the lockup to 318 mph on every gear at WOT except for 4th. I made the converter lock up on 4th.

what do you think about that.

have 2 files in front of me where the WOT lock up on both vehicles in first gear is at 22 mph. 3.23 gears on both iirc.
    Post the files please.

i changed the lockup to 318 mph on every gear at WOT except for 4th. I made the converter lock up on 4th.
    what do you think about that.
    That's probably fine, use the scanner to look for undesired slip when locked to make sure the pressure tables are working well on the setup; you may need to bump them up if you are commanding lockup & no slip but are still getting slip.

Also look at the normal tables and make sure they correspond with the wot tables at higher throttle %.