Thread: Hpt won't recoginize already liscenced vehicle

Potential Tuner

Hpt won't recoginize already liscenced vehicle

First off I'm running a enhanced interface with multiple vehicle licenses.

I attempted to flash my 97 GTP yesterday and I was informed by the hpt editor that I would need to purchase this vehicle license. This was odd to me as unlocked 97 GTP was the very first license I ever purchased with my hpt cable. I tried a few other of the many tune files from over the years and all stated the same thing that I do not have that license. I proceeded to check the other 7 or so licenses and found that all of them worked as they should except my 2005 Grand Prix Gtp unlocked license would give me the same message stating I didn't have that license either. So 2 unlimiteds were not working. I have a 3rd unlimited that did work though

So I requested my latest application key and it matched the one that was entered. I entered it again just in case something was corrupted with it. No dice. Still claims that I need to purchase that license. I checked the info screen and my cable shows that I have both the vehicles in question in a unlocked status. Next thing I did was download the latest version. I was running a beta version from one of the many issues I ran into with flashing my gen 2 vortec v8 trucks. With the updated software I still have the same issues. 1997 and 2005 Grand Prix state I need to purchase credits yet they show up as unlocked unlimited vin on my cable.

I haven't used either of these licenses in a long time. It's probably been since 2008 since I used 2005 Grand Prix. As for 1997 I probably used it last in 2013. The setup in that car has been dialed in for years and I haven't made any changes until recently. Now that I need to alter my tune file i can't get it to work without purchasing more credits at this point or getting this issue sorted out.

I sent a email to hpt direct but I haven't received a respone yet.

Senior Tuner
    Did you search? Cause this comes up like every other day. Plug in your interface. Press white bubble with I in it on menu bar across top. Press white bubble again on new smaller window that pops up. Your licenses are now transferred to your computer.

Potential Tuner
    I did search, but that response did not come up. The only one that was similar that did come up was somebody who changed their tstat started having this issue and then it just started working again. It's possible my search terms where not optimized for the issue I was having. I will give it a shot and see if it works.

Potential Tuner
    I just tried the above with the white bubble with the I in it. It successfully communicated and uploaded vcm's. It however still claims I need to purchase credits to edit a license I've had since 2005ish.

Senior Tuner
    Try updating your 2.24. If that does not work I guess your waiting for support to get back to you.

Potential Tuner
    In my intial post I had said that I already updated to 2.24 yesterday evening. After pressing the I bubble button I was able to get 05 Gtp to work. 97 the one I need tomorrow is still not working. When looking at the calibration information icon I noticed that all the 97 Gtp bins have no vin number listed. Every other bin file does weather it is unlocked or vin locked. I hit the change vin button just to see what it would pull up. It does pull up the correct vin for the car. I didn't go any further than that. I going to try and read the bin out of it in the am and see what it pulls out.

Nobody has ever flashed this pcm besides me. It has never been dealer flashed or anything to that nature. I've only done writes to it nothing more.
    Last edited by FlyinGTP; 12-27-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I have witnessed what you are describing with a diesel once before. Had a truck I licensed and flashed many times. Hpt had screwed up the position it searched for the pcm id at and would not recognize my license. They are the only onces that can fix it sounds like.

Potential Tuner
    Well at this point I'm just going to have to wait and see what they say. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Tuner
    mine will ask to license already licensed vehicles sometimes. usually on second attempt it works.