Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock Z06 file on here yet?

cat overtemp is a big one, dumping tons of fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Yea bunch of folks saying that. I think they are putting to much thought into a few very isolated examples.
    I havent nor has anyone we know of varified any substaintial power loss due to heat or timing being pulled due to IAT.
    Argued until I was blue in the face for 3 weeks telling them it wasnt so. Finally someone posted some back to back dyno pulls and found that the IAT actually was stable.

I re-learned a lesson. No matter how well you try to explain some of this stuff about the factory tunes some folks just dont have the background to understand. Even though they think they do and they may be well regarded on those forums. As an example they were confusing GM leaving a few extra hp on the table due to a normally a conservitive tune with GM overhyping its hp rating. Never mind in its worst case the engine produces at least 650hp as claimed.

Look at the PE table... shows they don't run richer mixtures like port injection in the past...
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

@ Ben, what you think is a problem for the power loss after some pulls? I read something about a big power loss on internet.
    I have not tuned a C7Z06 yet, but from what I have seen there is no heatsoak issues after pulls with the IAT sensor since it stays pretty close to ambient temps which is amazing for a PD blower. I think all the "Heatsoak" theories came from when a guy posted a Viper TA pulling a Z and they many jumped to conclusions.

Overall the timing table at WOT is not bad, the richest commanded PE is above 6100 is 11.84 and its leaner every where else below that.
    Like James mentioned above, DI is a different game, Id shoot for around 12.5 on a boost setup and 13.1 on a NA setup and go from there.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    i don't understand why shooting for 0.6-0.7 leaner than ported injection...except for power reason, what about safety?

Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    i don't understand why shooting for 0.6-0.7 leaner than ported injection...except for power reason, what about safety?
    port injection targets are based on wasted fuel on top of the valve, in the intake manifold, blowing out the exhaust, etc.

direct injection is much more precise and only needs to inject enough fuel to support combustion at any given rpm/load range. one can vary injection time, start of injection, end of injection, fuel pressure at individual points in the intake/combustion stroke. as a result, the mixture is leaner by nature.