Thread: Almost There, AEM Wideband about 10% off and New 3 bar won't read in VCM Scanner

Potential Tuner

Almost There, AEM Wideband about 10% off and New 3 bar won't read in VCM Scanner

Hello everyone, After 3 years of building, I'm finally tuning and datalogging. I have successfully Added the AEM Uego Wideband into the Config File using the #1 input and #5 ground. I have both the HPtuners and O2 grounded at exactly the same spot. Unfortunately when using the PID it reads about 16.0 when at 14.7. So thats my first problem.

Second problem, can't get MAP sensor to read over 105kpa. I'm running the ZR1 3bar Map sensor and while its running good I can't datalog above that figure. When I improve the limit, it does nothing. I've tried the 2 bar and 3 bar pid's but can't make it show up.

Wideband AEM setup.cfg

Potential Tuner
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psfsrwihtg.jpg

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/meye...khr2a.jpg.html

Came a really long way from Tunercats to Hp tuners and i'm extremely pleased with the speed and flexibility of the program

Senior Tuner
    Wideband - many have problems with ground loop offsets,
    the "fixes" that involve messing with the transfer function
    I believe are wrongheaded because the offset changes
    with sheet metal ground current. Rewiring the OBDII
    connector to improve the ground may be more effective.
    Most effective is some more involved hardware but most
    folks aren't ready to go there.

You must use the special MAP PIDs, not SAE MAP or the
    standard OE MAP PID. The custom OS gives you some new
    MAP related PIDs to use.

Tuner
    I feel your pain meyers2211. I just got mine rolling im no professional but ill tell you what I learned. first you need to select the correct pid for your 3 bar map in the primary table. then go into charts on the left and change the max value there will be a hi, mid ,and low so that chart reads that high. then go into histograms and histogram configuration. bring up tables that use map and click the folder icon and you should find pre made histograms that will probably fit your needs. be careful I had a meltdown from the same map issue. don't learn the hard way. i feel like i left a lot out but I hope this helps

Senior Tuner
    Meyers2211 let me know if you need any help with the software or your setup. I'm TT Jimmy on the S-10 forum.

Elec tech could u please help me out with setting up histgrams text me if u can 7722632764