Thread: 2014 Silverado tach output

Tuner in Training

2014 Silverado tach output

I have a mini nitrous 2stage controller
    I'm running two stages of nitrous and I need attach the green wire to the tach output
    But I don't know from where can I get it ?

Tuner in Training
    there is no tach output from the ecu , but there is 8 coil outputs this will give 1/8th of a tach/distributor signal. This wiring diagram is for the L83 engine (5.3 DI) . Also who makes your controller? you can contact them and they may have a solution.

ign coil.jpg
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-05-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The controller is NOS and it required 9 to12 volt tach signal
    I think a have to buy a auto meter tach adapter or Dakota digital
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sparkness View Post
    there is no tach output from the ecu , but there is 8 coil outputs this will give 1/8th of a tach/distributor signal. This wiring diagram is for the L83 engine (5.3 DI) . Also who makes your controller? you can contact them and they may have a solution.

ign coil.jpg
    Not true...there is a tach output from the ecu....see here: http://lt1swap.com/lsx_tach.htm That is how i hooked my tach up using the ecu output.

Tuner in Training
    that link is for a 99- 02 vehicle not a 2014 , what engine and ECM does your truck have? I'm assuming an E92 because this sub forum is for Gen 5

tach-signal.gif

you can connect 4 diodes 1n4003 and connect to 4 injector signals and set your tach to 4 cylinder mode
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-08-2015 at 12:56 PM.

my bad, misread the year, thought i read '04, haven't worked on the '14's yet. that's dumb they don't give an ecm output anymore.

Try connector 2, pin 39. You may have to compare to a Corvette file and see if there's any mention of a tach output. You will probably have to add a wire to that slot. You can try and see if pin 40 gives anything usable, as that's a replicated crank signal (pulses per rotation will be way different than what a tach pickup expects, so you'll have to play with the interpretation).
    Last edited by DSteck; 02-09-2015 at 12:18 PM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    here is what I found in the NOS MINI 2 STAGE PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLER
    P/N 15974NOS Instructions

STEP C. RPM SIGNAL SET-UP – (This mode sets up the controller to work with the style of ignition system that your
    vehicle uses. A brief description of each setting and its application is included after each option).
    B C is the number of cylinders. This setting is used by the RPM WS to calculate the correct RPM.
    0 0 = individual coil per cylinder systems where the ground trigger wire is connected to the coil.
    Connect wire to the ground trigger on coil. (ex: the GM LS1 engine, 4.6 liter Ford Mustang, or
    the Vortec 5.3 liter)

the individual coils on the L83 use a positive trigger so you may need to use an injector signal
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I bought a Dakota digtal obd2 tach output
    http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/sta-1000.pdf
    The thing is they said the RPM WINDOW SWITCH requires 9-18 volts to operate correctly) in there manual

Tuner in Training
    questions , do you have a NOS MINI 2 STAGE PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLER P/N 15974 and is your 2014 Silverado a 5.3 direct injection ? if so you may be able to connect the nos controller green wire to the ECM injector signal pin 52 on X3, the grey connector . give NOS a call and ask them if you can connect to injector trigger(pin52 on X3) or a coil trigger(pin30 onX3) . as the injector has 65V on it. then program the nos controller according to their instructions from my last post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-10-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes that what I have mini 2 stage nos 15974 on a 2014 Silverado I will try that and let you know , thank you

Tuner in Training
    pin 52 and 30 are associated with cylinder 1, you may want to use a signal from cylinder 2,3,5 or 8 as these cylinders are not AFM so the signal will always be present and never affected by AFM.

inj-coil-pins.jpg
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-11-2015 at 08:07 AM.