Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do i need to do anything to my HPtuner VCM to tune a 2012 Mustang GT ?

Advanced Tuner
    The negative battery terminal was all full of that white crap powder from battery rust or whtaver is called, cleaned that out and I was able to start her up.

Advanced Tuner
    I see in the logs that idle and part throttle ltfts are concentrated towards the higher portion of the maf period table, and wot moves towards the lower region on the table, is that how its supposed to behave?

Tuner
    that's correct
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a lot Toyoguru, i'll add half of the LTFT error to the table, and flash the calibration.

Advanced Tuner
    Flashed the tune the 2nd time, and the battery lost the power again, I can't start her up, I guess I'll have to buy a new battery tomorrow, good thing i'm at home now, and I can hook the battery to a battery charger.
    Edited: hooked the battery to the charger for 5 min, and she cranked right away, pouring like a kitten now.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-19-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I multiplied values in the table by 1.04, cause I wanted to add 4% to the table to make the LTFT's richer by 4%, now my LTFT's are way positive at idle.
    Does this works backwards in the Fords, should I multiply by .96 if I want to get 4% richer LTFT's ??

Tuner
    How long did you drive/log after reflashing the car? Really need to drive the car around for 20-30mins or longer to let everything settle in and get a good idea on how the car reacted to the tune
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

Advanced Tuner
    Didn't drive it for very long, I loaded my tune from yesterday which is stock, with just 0.85 for WOT lambda, then reset the battery, and the LTFT's started from zero (though they'll drift to 8% or so)
    I'll load the same tune again with +4%/+1% in the MAF period table for the values I wanted to fix, reset the battery one more time and give it a try.

Advanced Tuner
    The ltfts look a lot better now, slightly negative, I guess the fuel trims needed a reset, hopefully we'll have that option in scanner 2.25, as its greyed out in 2.24

Tuner
    Glad it all seems to be working out. I am in the same boat, really looking forward to the new 2.25 scanner release!

Advanced Tuner
    I ended up buying a new battery as the old one was really bad, but In my last log I could see the ltfts have drifted to 1-2% after a while, the wot was at 0% so I guess I'm good there.

What else can I change, where is the equivalent to PE rate from GM stuff ?
    Or PE tps, how about the torque mgmt stuff, what is considered safe to remove?

I'll wait for the release of scanner 2.25 before playing with timing.

Thanks one more time.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-20-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Tuner
    Coyote uses wideband O2 sensors and runs in closed loop all the time after the initial warm up (a few minutes from cold start). The WOT lambda table is how you control WOT fueling, and the PCM uses the wideband readings to keep WOT fueling to commanded. You can change the fuel enable pedal and fuel enrichment rates under WOT Fueling, these tables control pedal angle and how quickly it adjusts fueling respectively.

Unlike a lot of other cars, the coyote likes fuel, and 11.8-11.9 is about optimal for a stock car and I wouldn't suggest trying to lean it out beyond that. Bolt-on cars can take advantage of a tad more fuel too. Just have to play around and see what the car likes.

As far as where to find more power/response torque management, cam timing and ignition timing can all help out with that.
    Last edited by toyoguru; 02-20-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Cool, my G8 liked lots of fuel too, I used to run at .83 lambda and she was happy running that rich.
    I've adjusted the WOT lambda to .85 for the entire table in the stang, should I go a tad richer and make it .83 lambda flat ?
    I'll adjust the fuel enable pedal and rate as well, thanks a lot for the tip.

Do you recommend a good reading on cam timing ?

Tuner
    I don't recommend doing any copy/paste from my tune to yours, but do a compare with the attached tune I had on my 13 gt and you can see the areas I've made changes on, the fueling I used and get a general concept of things with it. This is the last 93 octane race tune I had in the car and it did really good.

On a side note, not many people share much info on this platform, and it took a lot of trial and error for me to figure things out to this point and there is still a ton to learn. I have been getting a great deal of help lately on the 6R80 transmission tuning side and am beyond appreciative for the help that has been given to me there. Hopefully as time goes on, more people will get into sharing ideas/experiences/tunes etc and really grow this area of the forum.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate all the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Toyo, can I safely use your intake/exhaust cam timing with the stock engine timing ?
    By intake/exhaust cam timing i'm referring to Intake valve opening angle, and exhaust valve opening angle, is this what you guys refer to intake/exhaust cam timing ?
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-20-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    This is the tune i'm working with for now, Thanks a million one more time Toyo and everybody else.
    If you guys can spot something I did wrong, please let me know, it's fairly basic for now, as i'm getting more familiar with the parameters and what they do, i'll be changing more.
    No timing adjustments yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Tune should work good, will work even better once you add some spark timing to it too.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks again for you input Toyo.