Thread: which would be better for me (std or Pro)

Advanced Tuner

which would be better for me (std or Pro)

I've been looking into buying a tuner. I need to program my brothers 00 firebird which he just put a built 402 in and program my 02 silverado which has his ls1 going in it. Not sure whether I can do better calibrations with the pro or if it is only for supercharged or forced induction apps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I always recommend the pro version with the cost of wideband setups as little as $200 shipped theres no reason not to have one...the problem with most widebands though is that you'd have to buy an rpm converter to log rpm as well as the a/f ratio into a computer...the pro already does it for you. So instead of using one scanner to log a/f ratio & hptuners scanner scanning the rest of the stuff its all bundled into one with the pro version. Honestly I don't think theres a situation NOT to get one...even tunershops would benefit in many cases to be able to plot a/f not only against rpm but hundreds of other parameters. This can help in, not only tuning, but diagnosing other problems in the long run. Go pro, when you realize it wouldve been the wise choice a month from now you'll be kicking yourself when you see to upgrade from std to pro is $289+shipping.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Pro - all the way. Can't afford the upgrade later on.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner

pros better

So the pro allows me to tune more precisely than the std?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you'll be able to integrate a wideband oxygen sensor which in turn will allow you to tune more precisely.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

ordering time

Well from everybody's opinion I should go with the pro, so it's ordering time.
    thanks for all your advise. I'm sure i'll be back for tuneing tips. out!
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA