Thread: fans loosing tune?

Tuner in Training

fans loosing tune?

2014 Denali truck with 6.2. For some strange reason, occasionally my coolant temp gauge will not read any temperature. It stays pegged on the lowest temp on the gauge (160) even though the engine is up to full temp. And the fans immediately come on at high speed even on cold start up and remain on all the time. I mean it can be 30 degrees outside with a cold engine and the fans come on within 2 seconds of starting the engine.

If I connect my HPTuners editor and pull up the tune and reflash it, the temp gauge starts working again and the fan turn off and work normally. That may last for one day or for a couple weeks then it happens again.

Any ideas what's going on here?

It's setting a trouble code

Tuner in Training
    No. There are are no trouble codes being set. no check engine light.

Post your tune and a log with it happening with the dtc read

My 15 c7 did this for the first time last night. Has to be a bug, I'm going to keep monitoring this as well

It's setting a code I have found some code readers want detect some codes that GDS will I have had my ass burned a few times with generic code readers. I have even forward a GDS log to engineering and they found codes not showing up with GDS. Truth be known the GM engineers are still trying to figure it all out too!

I check for any bulletins didn't see any thing?