Thread: vin/os problem

Tuner in Training

vin/os problem

i try to connect to my pcm (aftermarket dhp) for i can retune it myself but im getting a connection problem for vin/os. anybody know how to fix this?

Advanced Tuner
    DHP probably tunerlocked it.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah I've never had good results in getting good data from dhp pcms...they say they arent locked but either it will read allt eh way through fine but then you wont be able to view it or you'll be able to view it but it will have missing data points.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

not sure about lately, but in the past DHP used to change/modify or delete several identifying markers in their PCMs that make our software fail to recognise it. Common was to set the OS (CalID) = 0.

You'll need to have your PCM returned to stock to use our product.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    so just take it to the dealership and get them to reflash it?

Advanced Tuner
    They may or may not be able to do it as well, depends if they screwed with the Seed/Key or not. You can definately try, or pick up a spare from a junkyard.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood