Thread: RPM wont drop between shifts

Tuner in Training

RPM wont drop between shifts

I had an A4 and converted to M6 and have all tuned to idle great and such except for one problem.

When shifting between gears the rpm's take a while to drop so the shifts are not smooth like they should be. I have looked at others tunes in the repository and cant seem to put my finger on it. I have my tune in there with the name Dave Bormet if you could look at it and let me know what I missed or what to look for, it would muchly be appreciated.

If you go here you can download the bin.
    Its a 02 Pontiac Trans Am M6 under name Dave Bormet http://www.horist.com/hptuner/search.asp?action=exe

Thanks, Dave
    Last edited by Farmer2; 04-25-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Sounds like too much Base Running Airflow or more likely throttle follower / throttle cracker. The trucks usually run lots of throttle cracker.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Try this one. I copied the adaptive idle airflow tables from my cam/header ZO6. Also the throttle follower and throttle cracker tables are now the same as my car.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Try this one. I copied the adaptive idle airflow tables from my cam/header ZO6. Also the throttle follower and throttle cracker tables are now the same as my car.

Russ Kemp

Thanks! I just got to it today and it worked perfect.
    I never played with the follower and cracker before. It would have come in handy on the A4 when it was in there, it was pushing me when letting up on throttle for a few seconds.

Thanks again, Dave