Thread: 2 Configs with the same tables yeild drastically different g/cyl on same tune?

Potential Tuner

2 Configs with the same tables yeild drastically different g/cyl on same tune?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if someone could figure out what was going on with an issue I'm having. I recently got my 2003 sierra 4.8 turbo'd on 4.5lbs of boost and I'm doing the initial tuning.

1) Attachment "Idle Tune 6" is the current tune in my truck.
    2) Attachment "2 Bar Config 1A" was the configuration I was using for about 2 weeks when I first started tuning my truck after the turbo.
    3) Attachment "Idle Tune 6 Log 2 Bar Config 1A" is a short log of driving around while logging using the "2 Bar Config 1A".
    4) Attachment "2 Bar Config 1B" is a new configuration I made the other night to log some different parameters.
    5) Attachment "Idle Tune 6 Log 2 Bar Config 1B" is a short log of driving around minutes before I logged Attachment 3.

If you have the time, take a look at tables 1 and 2 (Timing Advance and KR) for both logs and their respective configs. There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the 2 logs in terms of g/cyl airmass. The truck isn't tuned great and AFR Actual does not quite match AFR commanded which will skew my g/cyl values logged, however you will see how far off g/cyl logged in "Config 1B" are compared to when the same tune is logged in "Config A".

I believe that "2 Bar Config 1B" is actually logging correctly, however I have no idea why the 2 Configs would be showing such drastically different values. Any help or insight you can provide would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Delete the Mass airflow sae pid from your table display in the scanner.

Russ Kemp

to expound on, but not take away from Russ.......when doing an enhanced OS, in your scanner, sae airflow values will not be correct (different scale) in the scanner on an enhanced OS. As you will you need to remove any sae category and replace it with the similar listed enhanced (2bar, 3bar etc..) value you want to scan.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction