Thread: Need 2002 Firebird 3.8 A4 Y87 Stock Tune

Tuner in Training

Need 2002 Firebird 3.8 A4 Y87 Stock Tune

I'm in need of a stock tune for my car. I'm about to start spraying but a while back I had my car tuned by TSP and I know for sure they advanced timing, tranny shifts and possibly fuel. Does anyone here have a Camaro or a Firebird with the y87 option? I ask because I know my gears are 3.42 and that probably affects a few things in the tune.

I just wanna start with stock with the nitrous.
    2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe 2.4L A4
    K&N Typhoon Ram Air Intake
    CA 2.5" Header and Down-pipe w/ cat

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i believe this was a y87 car but look it over
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure what a .hpt file is but it wouldn't load in the editor, it says its not the right size even when I change it to a .bin like the other tune files.

Advanced Tuner
    The new file formats are .hpt instead of .bin. You should be able to download an updated version on your customer log in page.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Okay I got it all set, I changed everything back to stock except I left Torque Management completely disabled and have virtually no speed limiter (I doubt I'll be hitting 200mph in the 3.8L lol!). I do have one question though, my Speedo stuff was different than the stock tune's.

My VSS Pulses/Mile was 109030, stock was 98190...
    My Trans Revs/Mile was 2724.0233, stock was 2454.0233

I'm not sure if the tuner at TSP messed with that or not to be honest, but my wheel/tire size never changed from stock so I'm not sure why it would be so different. I'm just worried about using all of these tables from the file if its somehow different than my car. It did say it was a 2002 Camaro/Firebird, but i'm not sure how to tell if it was a y87 or not. That should be the only difference in the tunes if I'm not mistaken.

email me
    [email protected]

i have a 2002 maro that came stock with 3.42's. can send ya the stock bin if ya need it.
    dan

Tuner in Training
    I think I got it, you just put in 26.1"/3.42 correct? It feels like my speedo is right now, before it was way higher than actual speed, probably 5mph+ at 55. Thanks for all the help though!