Thread: knock retard in 2.24/2.25 scanner

Tuner in Training

knock retard in 2.24/2.25 scanner

hey i just wanted to verify that the knock retard for the coyote in the 2.25 and 2.24 scanner reads the same as sct live link. Basically positive numbers = knock and negative = add timing

In the 2.25 anyway it logs it as a positive number is adding and a negative is taking away.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, positive is adding timing and negative is knock, which is opposite of Livelink. Also, I don't think knock is working for the coyote in 2.24.

I would like HPT to change it to match SCT, because when logging, the plot v. time does not register negative numbers on the table, so you have to run the log and what the KR number for a negative to pop up. It's too easy to watch something else on the log and miss a knock reading.

Senior Tuner
    Right click, "Charts Layout" and adjust the "Limits" for that plot to -whatever.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Well shoot. I've been thinking that the Knock Retard PID gave positive numbers for reducing timing from knock and negative numbers for adding timing in the absence of knock this whole time lol. I could've sworn I had read a few months back that was the way it was. (all on a 3.7 v6 btw.)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Right click, "Charts Layout" and adjust the "Limits" for that plot to -whatever.
    Thanks for the info. I guess they fixed it somewhere along the way. The first few times I tried to change the layout, I got the "2 weeks" message.