Thread: Supercharged C7 tune not working now.

Potential Tuner

Supercharged C7 tune not working now.

I have a 2014 C7, 7 speed manual, supercharged running around 8.5 psi with the Alky control methanol kit. I have ARH 1 7/8 long tube headers. I had a tune placed on the vehicle back in Dec of 2014. The vehicle ran like a champ! I had no problems with the throttle closing at 5500 rpms. Now that it's over 100 degrees here in Florida the car began to start running bad. I mean now when I get around 5500 rpms the vehicle's throttle closes. I have not changed anything on the original aftermarket tune. I have attached the original aftermarket tune and a few scans that I have done to show the throttle closing. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

I cant tell anything bc your not using a "Good enough" config for a Gen 5
    What supercharger and who done the tuning??
    Try this one and scan again
    LAMBDA-BEN MAF TUNING2.cfg

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I will try that config and repost the results. I have a Procharger P1SC1. The car was tuned at Lashway Motorsports.

Potential Tuner
    Ok here are the new scans with the new config.

Few things I see, you are well into boost and still not hitting PE (its too high throttle percent IMO at 70% at 3000 rpms) if your in boost you need to be in PE mode. In fact I would redo a few PE settings on that tune. The MAF doesn't look right? I would expect much higher G/sec on the high end of the MAF (what size tube is being used to "house" the MAF sensor) that my skew it if its smaller than factory sizing.

To fix the throttle closing issue, I would increase the DD tables and increase the peak Tq table around the problem area and retry. Doesn't make sense that this would change from when you had it initially tuned though? Did ANYTHING CHANGE on the setup??
    Was traction control disabled on these pulls???
    Spark table is pretty good, but you don't have any safety net for bad fueling (high octane is the same as low octane)

If you like I have another config I have built that will show me more info if you want to try it???
    Gosh..... no one wants to SD tune these things anymore lol. ITs super easy now with the 2.25 beta!!!!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Ben I really appreciate your help but I'm a newbbie at this tuning. I had my car tuned in Miami and I live in Jax so I can't just take my car back there. If I gave you my cell could you call me and help my out?

Potential Tuner
    Ben can you send me the new config so I can try it.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry Ben I didn't notice you had sent me a mesg. Yes I have HP tuners version 2.25 now. I just put a different tune on my car with a littile help from Andy @ A&A corvette today via email. I have attached the current tune on the car and a run I did with this tune. I'm having the same probem. The Accelerator Pedal Postion drops to 0% around 5500 rpms. I have tried different tunes but the same thing happens every time.
    Last edited by BlackC7; 07-22-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I have to give a big shout out to Howard at Redline Motorsports. I took my car down to him this past week and he was able to correct my tune that Lashway Motorsports put on my car. The car runs better than ever! I wish I would have went to him first. So with that said if you need your car tuned go to Redline Motorsports.

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the file? Interesting in seeing what changes were made to the tune

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, I promised Howard I wouldn't share his hard work for free.

Tuner in Training
    I understand. It's all good