Thread: dual engne tuning

Potential Tuner

dual engne tuning

hi I have a question, I have a 98 beetle in which have fitted 2 l67 drivetrains. one from a 2001 Bonneville ssei and the other from a 2001 grand prix gtp. I know the all the factory released specs show the engines have peak torque at different rpms. being that these are the same engines, transmissions, and final drive gears would it be a bad idea to copy one of the tunes ( the one with peak torque at the lower rpm) and import its tables to the other pcm. they are both 100% stock setups

Have you use the compare feature to if one has a slightly different timing map?

I couldnt see them changing anything more than maybe PE fueling and timing. But the 400 rpm difference isnt even something I'd worry about. It's going to spin alot regardless.

This guy from canada made a dual engine grand prix, then took the drivetrain and dropped it in a racecar chassis. Has many videos on it.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yeah that's what gave me the idea, I had the rear mounted up and ready to go util I saw his then I thought what better way to replace the weight I took out of the front than with another engine. I will check and see how different they are