Thread: Timing issue, Has to be a simple fix!!!

Tuner in Training

Timing issue, Has to be a simple fix!!!

2003 LQ9 6.0, MS3 cam, 1 7/8" headers, LS6 intake and injectors.

Look at my log at 100% TPS and the timing falls to negative for a split second. Ive replaced the crank sensor and it didn't change anything, I put a different computer in with a stock file, No issues. So im sure its in the tune file somewhere. Thanks in advance!

AndyLS6NovaINcarNEW IDLE.hpt[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    The lower left-hand side of your timing map is where the load will spike on a WOT hit from idle. My 5.7 Express at 800 rpm can spike to 1.08 to 1.20 gms/cyl. Stock timing map is negative there. Also the PCM will use the Burst Knock tables and further retard the timing with the massive airflow increase.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!! Should I Carry my #s over from the higher RPM area to where they fall to negatives?
    Last edited by CrazyAndy1984; 08-21-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Every engine is different so it is hard to say. My old Vortec 350 with Etec 170s and a 215/220 cam likes 14? that load/rpm.

Tuner in Training
    I messed with the burst knock tables and timing tables. Nothing ever changed. I set all the multipliers and all the tables to 30* across the board and it still cuts out. I put a different computer in again, SAME PROBLEM. At WOT its consistently dropping the timing at 5,700rpms.

That is Transmission shift Torque management reduction. Go to transmission tables>Torque Management and disable abuse mode and lower the Torque Reduction Normal / Performance timing reduction values until you like the timing being pulled.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I figured it out this weekend. MOWTON, that'l was exactly the problem. Thanks guys!!