Thread: 2.24 Customm PIDs disappear when switching from GM configs to Dodge configs

Advanced Tuner

2.24 Customm PIDs disappear when switching from GM configs to Dodge configs

Hi,

I tacked this on to the post about sharing config files.
    I'm not sure it's the same issue. Although I guess I am sharing with myself?

I have been using the latest 2.24 to scan the earlier Dodge cars.
    I wrote custom PIDs for such things as the wideband, the AFR error, and Commanded AFR for the Dodge.

When I plug back into my personal car, my custom PIDs for the same are gone and come up as unsupported parameter.
    So I have to rewrite them.
    I find that if anything is different in my rewrite, I can't view old logs with the new config.

Same happens in reverse. The Dodge stuff will no longer work when I go back to scanning them.

I keep all of my configs, tunes, and logs in folders on my desktop for easy access.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

It's costing the shop money for me to have to recreate configs that worked the day before.

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure what the exact solution to this may be, but if I were you I'd keep two copies of Hptuners\Settings\VCM Scanner.cfg and have one for dodge and the other for gm and see if that works to keep it all there. Custom pids are stored in that file. You'd have to copy it each time you swap vehicles though.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe I can just have two instances of the complete HP Tuners programs on the same PC?
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know about that, but it would be simple enough to write a couple of scripts that copy the proper file to the directory when you need it. I could get you a simple one mocked up if you'd like.

Advanced Tuner
    How would you keep them separate if hpt only uses the Vcm scanner.cfg?
    This whole thing confuses me.
    When you hit save config as, you pick a name. Yet HPT still references the main Vcm scanner.cfg? So why do I have to create two?

On my PC, these files are automatically stored under user/Ron/documents/hp tuners
    I have no idea why it goes there.

Appreciate the help. The shop is going to buy another laptop for dodge only. Since that's all we tune at this point.

Sort of seems like I should uninstall hpt and start over and let it put stuff where it wants, not where I want it.

Ron
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 09-01-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You would just have two copies (kept elsewhere on the computer) that you would have to swap back and forth each time.

Another option would be to setup a different windows user for dodge tuning, since it saves the settings under a particular user. You could make a new user on the existing laptop called RonDodge or something to that effect.

Good luck!

Advanced Tuner
    Can you tell I'm not an IT guy?
    :-)
    I like the idea of different users.
    Even if both are me!
    I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Ron