Thread: C7 Z06 MAF only goes to 11,000 HZ ?

C7 Z06 MAF only goes to 11,000 HZ ?

The MAF 1 table, which is the one the PCM actually uses, only goes up to 11,000HZ. The MAF 2 table is full of zeros but it goes to 15,000.
    My '15 Tahoe as well as the standard C7 Stingrays have both tables going to 15,000.
    What is the workaround for this? I'll be putting a bigger supercharger on my '16 Z06 shortly and will run out of MAF in a hurry.
    Is there any way to make the PCM look at MAF 2?
    Last edited by Andy@A&A; 09-03-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Andy I have noticed this as well, I assume its a glitch?? Your righ,t if your spinning a big Centri you're going to need that extra Hz even with a 3.5 or 4" tube.
    Have you contacted Hp yet, curious what they have to say?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Why don't you apply the TCS Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Andy I have noticed this as well, I assume its a glitch?? Your righ,t if your spinning a big Centri you're going to need that extra Hz even with a 3.5 or 4" tube.
    Have you contacted Hp yet, curious what they have to say?
    Nothing back from them yet.
    I haven't messed with the Z06 a lot but I'm wondering what others have done on big builds.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Not a glitch. That's exactly how they're setup.

In a 4.0 whipple I've used a 5" tube that made 4 digit rwhp and the maf hit 10,800 hz. That's a "pull" through blower, opposed to a "push" be interesting to see how turbulent the maf reading gets

They are definitely different from regular C7s. This afternoon I was messing around with the injector and fuel pump profiles/settings in my C7 E92. I installed Z06 injectors and fuel pump and baked them into the airflow tables because changing them screwed up the fueling big time but I had no time to find out why.

I wanted to "fix it" today and found out the injector tables can be copied right over but the fuel pump settings cannot, leave them stock. The Z06 tables make the C7 run with .2 to .3 MPa and it won't come off it. In other words, it won't run at all/can't be tuned in.

Anyways, is it related? I don't know. 11,000 seems super low for the Z06 combination, but maybe, as stated above, it's just how they are fueled.

Senior Tuner
    Why don't you guys just change the table axis?

You can click the table where "MAF Frequency (Hz)" is underlined, and another table opens up...put whatever you need for a max frequency on the far right, then select the entire table and click the "Interpolate Between Horizontal Bounds" button...close the table, close the actual MAF 1 table, then re-open the MAF 1 table...now the axis is changed...so you need to fix the data in the table...so after you best fit the old sensor curve to the new axis, just do some MAF tuning with the wideband.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat