Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tuning help..... please!!....

Tuner in Training

tuning help..... please!!....

OK so I pushed a tune and now the dash is going crazy any suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry.. it's a copperhead 2014 gt...

Tuner in Training
    The key switch doesn't work it's like the pcm isn't talking to the cab.. please any help

Tuner in Training
    I can write to the pcm. However the engine will not start. The dash has everything going crazy all the lights...

Tuner in Training
    I can write to the pcm, I can't read it any more and I can't connect with the datalogger..

Senior Tuner
    Sorry to hear you are having this major problem. I have had a similar situation with my 2015 a few times after bad flashes. I ended up once having to go back and forth between write entire and write calibration with the stock file about 7 times before it finally went on properly. Most times it took a write entire flash with the stock file. Good Luck!

Tuner in Training
    I have wrote to my 2012 mustang gt copperhead some many times a can't remember and never had this happen...

Senior Tuner
    so does that mean you got it working again?

Tuner in Training
    Same issue.. it writes and then the cluster just freaks out... I'm going to keep writing until it acts right I guess.

Tuner in Training
    I don't understand how and why this happened...

Advanced Tuner
    Do you mean the speedo vibrating?

Senior Tuner
    On mine I think I accidentally opened a previous version of my tune and by the time I realized it it was too late. What would happen I'd it would download boot loader delete about 80% then go on to writing get to about 70% freeze and the time left would just sky rocket until it said complete. I was pretty freaked but got lucky after a number of full writes and calibration writes the stock file went back on.

Tuner in Training
    Nope, the tune was written to the pcm. Then as soon as it showed complete all the lights and display went to acting like it know longer was communicating with the pcm..

Tuner in Training
    I had that happen to me but it was because I bumped my laptop. It's freaks out when I bump it and I bumped in the middle of writing a tune to the pcm. Wrote it again without touching the laptop and it was fine. Try rewriting it back to stock and trying the latest tune

Tuner in Training
    I wrote the same tune and stock tune 5 times each and still the same thing.. I'm not sure what happened. This is a friend's car and it was supposed to be hook up and write have a good day.. instead it's all jacked up.. I don't know what the issue truly is.. on my 2012 stang I have written I don't know how many times to my pcm without ever having an issue..

Tuner in Training
    Hell I put a battery charger on the battery, set the laptop down and never touched it without any luck. I updated my computer and install 2.25 again and tried to write the stock tune. Still the same issue..

Tuner in Training
    The crazy thing is I can write and write as many times as I want but I try to read and it says detect protocol failed.. it's like how the hell can I write and it has communication but I can't read it..

Tuner in Training
    Txcharlie any ideas?

Senior Tuner
    The next thing I would try would be disconnecting the battery or the ecu directly letting it sit unpowered for a few minutes then plug it back up and try again.

Tuner in Training
    I forget to mention we disconnected the ground twice 5 minutes each time.. however I didn't disconnect the harness from the pcm.