Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tuning help..... please!!....

I'd email support.

Screen shot the error aswell and send it to them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I can take a picture but I can't monitor the pcm I can only write over it.

Tuner in Training
    It's crazy.. it's like the pcm is done. I just don't understand why or how. Ya know.

Tuner in Training
    I emailed Eric and also asked bill on another post to hopefully get some info..

Advanced Tuner
    I would try this:

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal, turn on headlights and leave them on for 20-30 minutes. This clears KAM. Check your battery voltage with negative terminal disconnected.
    2. Turn off lights and make sure all accessories are off.
    3. Connect negative batter terminal.
    4. Load last known good tune, with last known good beta editor.

If tune loads normally, start car and don't do anything but let it idle for 2-3 minutes. Then turn on A/C and let idle for another minute.
    Good luck!

Also, you should be on battery with a good charge on your laptop. No inverter powering your laptop.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 10-17-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    OK I'll give that a try.. thank you..

Tuner in Training
    Just a thought. Make sure you aren't connected to the scanner while trying to write a tune. Connected to the scanner via the program. I've done it before lol

Advanced Tuner
    My 2013 strategy didnt like some of the spark changes that the 2011 strategy that is in the car runs just fine.

Copying a calibration from one strategy to another completely doesnt always work for whatever reason. I switched strategies and the car stopped doing this. Its VERY difficult to get it to take a write when it acts up like youre describing.

Disconnect battery, wait 30-40 seconds and reconnect. then sitting in the car i had to key on and immediately click write on the laptop to get it to take. Ive had the "check charging system" error a handful of times with the 2011 file in the car (the car is a 2013) and a disconnect and re-try of the same file always works.

Your problem is probably that you're trying to write a file that it doesnt like. When my car would panic, it didnt fail at 74.2%... it would write the whole 100% like normal then have a party flashing lights and all kinds of errors lol.

I have always wondered what happens when the "wait half an hour and try again" method doesn't work. Hope support helps you get this figured out. I assume you already know, but just as a future precaution, never have any doors open or any form of accessory running(even the radio or map light) during the flash.

Tuner in Training
    No luck 100 percent stock tune after KAM reset still the same..

Tuner in Training
    The battery VDC was 12.66 everything was off doors closed, write was successful and still the lights are going crazy everything is crazy. Here is something that was different.. the milage was there after the Kam reset then after the stock tune was sent it was all dashes.. I can only write to the pcm. I can't monitor it in viewer beta. It's just jacked up.. I would hope someone at hp can point me in the right direction I mean damn it's not like I changed pcm's... I have never seen this happen with my own 2012 mustang gt ever and I have changed way more things on my pcm then this 2014... I'm not sure what is really the root cause of this but it blows my mind.. is tuning a crapshoot or what.. is this just a fluke???????..... DAMMIT!!

Tuner in Training
    All in all thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it..

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...CMs-what-to-do

No one has figured out exactly what causes this. The solution seems to be persistence and to keep trying to flash after a 20 minute break. I believe it would be a good idea to charge your battery to as close to 13v as you can get before you start again.

Tuner in Training
    OK thanks txcharlie...

Tuner in Training
    You have been a huge help..

Advanced Tuner
    Did you get her going?

Tuner
    I have had this happen a few times on some of the older 2.25 versions. Update to the latest beta first. Make sure battery voltage is above 13 for sure with a trickle charger on it while trying to load the tune. At 74.2% the vcm does one last voltage check and if too low zooms the rest and leaves you in a failed state (from what I've read). My friend changed out his battery and it never happened again.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    I have had this happen a few times on some of the older 2.25 versions. Update to the latest beta first. Make sure battery voltage is above 13 for sure with a trickle charger on it while trying to load the tune. At 74.2% the vcm does one last voltage check and if too low zooms the rest and leaves you in a failed state (from what I've read). My friend changed out his battery and it never happened again.
    That's the best explanation I have heard.

Tuner
    Can't find the thread but I had saved the quote..."This is a very common issue caused by a voltage check the ecu does during the tuning process. It checks at the beginning right after erasing the ecu and it checks at 74.2% through the writing process. If it fails either then the ecu locks up. Ive had a few customers have this issue. It has nothing to do with the tune, software or the ngauge. Its fords fault lol."

^^^ I agree, best explanation I have heard. Happens just as easily with SCT devices too. Could somebody build a voltage test into the software that checks voltage before the flash and warns you if it is too low ?