Thread: Missing Auto Club Speedway "ROVAL" ?

Potential Tuner

Question Missing Auto Club Speedway "ROVAL" ?

I'm a bit confused on which selection I need to make for the popular Auto Club Speedway "Roval" course. All I see in TrackAddict is "Auto Club Speedway - Kart", "Auto Club Speedway - Oval", and "Auto Club Speedway - Interior". But I see no selection for "Roval".

Any reason why this extremely popular configuration is missing? Which one do I choose?

Oval is what you want... The Start/Finish location for the roval configuration is exactly the same as the oval. As we start rolling out sector-split capability and related track data in the future, we'll have to split the course configurations out a bit more, but you only need to think about choosing the right start/finish location for now (or when the listed course options only indicate "S/F" and say nothing about sectors).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Oval is what you want... The Start/Finish location for the roval configuration is exactly the same as the oval. As we start rolling out sector-split capability and related track data in the future, we'll have to split the course configurations out a bit more, but you only need to think about choosing the right start/finish location for now (or when the listed course options only indicate "S/F" and say nothing about sectors).
    Got it, thanks. One more question, however. What happens when it gets to Race Render? Does RR simply build the visual map based on the GPS data of my car or does it contain some sort of database of tracks as well?

The track map plot in both TrackAddict and RaceRender is based on your actual GPS data from your best lap (RR will also let you choose which lap to plot), so it will automatically adapt to the actual configuration that you drove.

RaceRender does also have a database of tracks and start/finish points, but that's used for cases where your datalogger didn't provide any lap number/time data to begin with, or you want to change the start/finish position and recalculate your lap times.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    The track map plot in both TrackAddict and RaceRender is based on your actual GPS data from your best lap (RR will also let you choose which lap to plot), so it will automatically adapt to the actual configuration that you drove.

RaceRender does also have a database of tracks and start/finish points, but that's used for cases where your datalogger didn't provide any lap number/time data to begin with, or you want to change the start/finish position and recalculate your lap times.
    Awesome, thanks for the info.