Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Well, it works with just RPM and A/D input. I guess now I need to go back and add in the channels I had until it stops working?
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Post your file here.

Either no enhancements exist, or they have already been applied.

You can view the OS history on the Tune Details form, on the Controllers tab
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    Well, it works with just RPM and A/D input. I guess now I need to go back and add in the channels I had until it stops working?
    Yes, but try to repoll for supported parameters using todays 3.0.

I did repoll because I tried switching back to 2.24 and then reinstalled today's. So now I'm adding the parameters back in.

Potential Tuner
    I have the 1 bar speed density OS applied with previous 2.24.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Question... hope not a dumb one.

I use the math function to make parameter " average STFT"... done . figured that out. Now how do I put that in the channels list ? When I choose add channel, the maths are not in the list to choose from.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

anyone know why my chart isnt plotting the line graph?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by lsxdick View Post
    I have the 1 bar speed density OS applied with previous 2.24.
    It's applied, as you can see in Tune Details->Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Question... hope not a dumb one.

I use the math function to make parameter " average STFT"... done . figured that out. Now how do I put that in the channels list ? When I choose add channel, the maths are not in the list to choose from.
    Math Parameters are virtual, you don't add them to the Channels list. They work as long as the parameters defined in the equation are in the channels list.

You simply plot your control (graph/gauge/chart) against that Math parameter and it will work.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    It's applied, as you can see in Tune Details->Controllers
    Alright I see now Thank you. Little confusion on my part. Overall so far I like the 3.0. Was very easy for me to set up the wideband in the scanner.

Yes, but try to repoll for supported parameters using todays 3.0.
    It still cuts out with minimal parameters, except I got a whole 6 minutes out of it. Again, as I have asked numerous times, with the external input DISCONNECTED, it still reads 11:1 AFR, which is above 0 volts, so it makes no sense, is that a problem????? It does that while logging only RPM and the input! I NEED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TUNE THIS CAR ALL WEEK!!!! It is our test car for our prototypes so we can't finalize our parts for production until the car is tuned and can run WOT!
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Tuner
    Tuning everyday and using several different softwares, its always a pain when any software comes out with a major update. I am really impressed with HPT on launching 3.0 and coming out with updates on issues. I have never seen any company being so proactive with customers and coming up with solutions so fast. A+ job on HPT's part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012LS3Vert View Post
    It still cuts out with minimal parameters, except I got a whole 6 minutes out of it. Again, as I have asked numerous times, with the external input DISCONNECTED, it still reads 11:1 AFR, which is above 0 volts, so it makes no sense, is that a problem????? It does that while logging only RPM and the input! I NEED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TUNE THIS CAR ALL WEEK!!!! It is our test car for our prototypes so we can't finalize our parts for production until the car is tuned and can run WOT!
    With nothing connected to the A/D input, it will float around 1.5 volts. It won't read 0 volts. You can view this by simply logging the raw A/D input for each input.

So, with Engine RPM (SAE), no other channels, and NO layouts on the screen (ONLY) the channels window, it only logs for 6 minutes and stops?

With nothing connected to the A/D input, it will float around 1.5 volts. It won't read 0 volts. You can view this by simply logging the raw A/D input for each input.

So, with Engine RPM (SAE), no other channels, and NO layouts on the screen (ONLY) the channels window, it only logs for 6 minutes and stops?
    Thank you for answering my question about the input.

It logged for about 11 minutes with just RPM and the input, nothing on the screen, everything seemed good, so I just added in the channels I need and the graphs for tuning. Where the marker is at the bottom just the wideband stopped logging, attached picture.

screenshot.png
    Last edited by 2012LS3Vert; 02-05-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Send an e-mail to support with your tune, channel config, and a sample log. I'll handle it direct there so we can get this figured out.

I do appreciate them updating every day, but my issue has been going on all week with minimal communication. I have made repeated requests for a copy of 2.24 to be sent to me so that I can reinstall that to back up and running after a week with no progress, but the focus seems to be on fixing 3.0. I would be happy to reinstall 3.0 after I get caught up, and work through the issues then, but we are now a week behind on testing and installations because of this, a week of time that I don't have.

I have already done that twice this week, this afternoon was the last one. I will do it again.

Keith-

Sent the email.

I think its related to the INFINITY in your chart. Report the issue please and we'll look at it today.
    You're right, it is related to that. How is everyone getting around this? I cant be the only one that logs equivalence ratio. I like to start scanning before I turn it on so I can capture the first few seconds of a start, but now it being infinity crashes the program. In 2.24 it was simply reported as 0, which is fine clearly.

Atomic, we'll fix it today or tomorrow most likely.