Thread: E38 TQ Management table question? engine torque coeff EQ ratio

Potential Tuner

E38 TQ Management table question? engine torque coeff EQ ratio

How\what does the Engine Torque Coeff EQ ratio table effect the TQ model in E38 ecu?
    Will this table effect how much tq can be generated before activiating the tq management system?
    Its under Torque Management > Engine > EQ Ratio Based > EQ Ratio

Working on a 07 Silverado 6l with a rear mount turbo and I have disabled all I can see for tq management but still I keep stuff either pulling timing or fuel. I looked at EFIlive template of this same engine cal id and I believe I see more tq management options in it that I can't find in hptuners. I will upload a log and tune later in the day

Thanks for any help
    Justin

Potential Tuner
    Attached are two logs and one tune

The tune goes to the first log, at the point it goes lean I see nothing tq management wise happening, ufnrountaly I didn't have fuel cut type showing there.
    The next log is after I added 40% to the maf transfer function. I wanted to overfuel it but totally forgot that it would effect calculations that would effect tq output.
    I put 40% more into the trasnfer function around 8600hz and up

both logs are from the same boost setting, ~8psi logged on the dyno

Maybe there is something I overlooked and didn't disable or don't know how works. Appericate if anyone can point out what I am missing\ the missing link

high boost run 2.hplhigh boost run.hplIDrestart10.hpt

File is Tuner locked

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    File is Tuner locked

Ed M
    sorry about that
    IDrestart10unlocked.hpt

Nope. It describes the relationship between EQR and relative torque. Torque actually changes with Air-Fuel Ratio, so the ECU needs something to describe that relationship if it is to make an accurate estimate of torque as it steps away from stoichiometry. See attached example from Dr. Heywood's book:

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Nope. It describes the relationship between EQR and relative torque. Torque actually changes with Air-Fuel Ratio, so the ECU needs something to describe that relationship if it is to make an accurate estimate of torque as it steps away from stoichiometry. See attached example from Dr. Heywood's book:

Thank you Mr. Banish.