Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GT Valve Overlap Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsvt00 View Post
    Yes as in what could be done with the 11-14's, yes I know that they are different I'm not some first timer. And as far as values are concerned, I've tried many and with the car on the Dyno I might add. And as I said I've gotten single digit gains, but nothing like the older platform. I have not given up, but at this point I can tell you if you try and get too aggressive you'll find yourself going backwards.
    don't be defensive, this isn't that kind of forum. save it for yellow bullet.

I hope you find the gains you are looking for, have a nice day.

Senior Tuner
    Higgs, do you recall if the hole size for the gt350 with the
    Imrc closed was different from the gt imrc closed? The port size is absolutely different so I'm guessing the imrc hole is as well, just trying to get information. This has nothing to do with WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Higgs, do you recall if the hole size for the gt350 with the
    Imrc closed was different from the gt imrc closed? The port size is absolutely different so I'm guessing the imrc hole is as well, just trying to get information. This has nothing to do with WOT.
    I didn't check it. All my work is done as quickly as possible because it seems like I am always delaying going somewhere with my wife so it's all crammed into the schedule....

Sorry! :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I didn't check it. All my work is done as quickly as possible because it seems like I am always delaying going somewhere with my wife so it's all crammed into the schedule....

Sorry! :-)
    I'm in the same boat lol.

Can you explain why changing over to the gt350 manifold creates a surge or buck during driving that I keep hearing about?

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    I'm in the same boat lol.

Can you explain why changing over to the gt350 manifold creates a surge or buck during driving that I keep hearing about?
    It's the throttle body. Adjust the predicted table with throttle angle error and it smooths right out.

Advanced Tuner
    It's the throttle body. Adjust the predicted table with throttle angle error and it smooths right out.
    Very nice. Have you began tuning the new manifold as of yet?

Kris

Very nice. Have you began tuning the new manifold as of yet?

Kris
    I finished tuning it already.... The WOT part took 5 minutes. The surging part took 2 weeks but in reality it should also take about 5 minutes.

Now I am back to experimentation with various things to see their effects.

how much power did you end up gaining over a stock manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    how much power did you end up gaining over a stock manifold?
    have not dyno'd it yet. the others who have seem to be making in the 30-50 hp range above 6500 RPM.

those would be great results for an intake swap
    I have a customer on the fence about getting one, needless to say I want him too

those would be great results for an intake swap
    I have a customer on the fence about getting one, needless to say I want him too
    I agree, they are great results, that's why I ordered one as soon as I saw the first guinea pig's numbers.... I think they are on a stop shipment right now because Ford was shipping them with no protection in the box and they were showing up damaged. Even mine came in with one of the sensors broken off (but I switched one off my stock manifold and it worked ok).

The only thing that is driving me crazy right now is the notorious throttle body whistle. No adjustment of the JLT intake tube cures it, I might have to port the TB and smooth it all out. Noises that don't belong register high on my Scale of Neurosis so I am really not enjoying the car, lol.

i hear where your coming from, the throttle body whistle has got to be my biggest pet peeve as well.
    but im glad to hear the results are so positive for this intake i cant wait to get one on the dyno

If Im not mistaken, the GT350 intake doesn't have the fins at the inlet. I know with my 13 when I ported the intake and got rid of the fins, it created that whistle you mention. Maybe that's the cause on the 350 intake as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rhinogt View Post
    If Im not mistaken, the GT350 intake doesn't have the fins at the inlet. I know with my 13 when I ported the intake and got rid of the fins, it created that whistle you mention. Maybe that's the cause on the 350 intake as well?
    maybe so.

Advanced Tuner
    I finished tuning it already.... The WOT part took 5 minutes. The surging part took 2 weeks but in reality it should also take about 5 minutes.

Now I am back to experimentation with various things to see their effects.
    When you say the WOT part took 5 minutes, that is assuming that you did not try to alter VCT?

Kris

When you say the WOT part took 5 minutes, that is assuming that you did not try to alter VCT?

Kris
    right, I don't have a dyno to sweep on. I am not as worried about the cam timing.....I am using my knowledge about cam timing with OHV motors, how much overlap and where the valves open and close does what on what size and type of engines, and applying that to this engine....not an exact science, but let's be honest....my car is stock except for the intake manifold flows more over 6500 RPM. The exact cam timing is low on my list vs driveability and learning what everything in the OS is meant to do, cause and effect.

Advanced Tuner
    right, I don't have a dyno to sweep on. I am not as worried about the cam timing.....I am using my knowledge about cam timing with OHV motors, how much overlap and where the valves open and close does what on what size and type of engines, and applying that to this engine....not an exact science, but let's be honest....my car is stock except for the intake manifold flows more over 6500 RPM. The exact cam timing is low on my list vs driveability and learning what everything in the OS is meant to do, cause and effect.
    I understand, but from what I have seen, the 2015 coyote does not operate the same as other DOHC engines with overlap calculations, which is why I am curious if the new manifold will want different VCT.

Kris

i feel like there is something we are missing almost

I understand, but from what I have seen, the 2015 coyote does not operate the same as other DOHC engines with overlap calculations, which is why I am curious if the new manifold will want different VCT.

Kris
    Right, I posted what I think the calculations are in another thread.....you might have seen it? The intake will want different values above 6500 RPM as that is where it will flow more, but maybe not different enough to worry too much about it unless one also has long tubes and high flow exhaust, which I do not.

Advanced Tuner
    i feel like there is something we are missing almost
    I feel the same way, I just don't know how.

Right, I posted what I think the calculations are in another thread.....you might have seen it? The intake will want different values above 6500 RPM as that is where it will flow more, but maybe not different enough to worry too much about it unless one also has long tubes and high flow exhaust, which I do not.
    Agreed. I need to get one and do some testing.

Kris