Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    yes, has been supported since mid last year (in prior release 2.25)
    ..Awesome Chris cheers bud, wasn't to sure if it did on this new version but sweet thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    yes, has been supported since mid last year (in prior release 2.25)
    ...One more Question Chris, the later model V6 Alloytech 6spd 6L45E/50E Does the 3.0 support those etc 2009-2014 VE-VF

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    ...One more Question Chris, the later model V6 Alloytech 6spd 6L45E/50E Does the 3.0 support those etc 2009-2014 VE-VF
    All of them should be supported.

Has the LC1 been added to read Lambda or still only AFR?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    I'd be interested to know this also since I use an LC1

Advanced Tuner
    Build 3.0.22 Scanner. There are instances where the channel values don't match the values listed in the Gauge and Chart vs. Time windows. This photo shows RPM, VSS & TPS being inconsistent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner in Training
    2.2 log 1 stoppedf logging.hpl

is anyone else having issues where the scanner stops logging? about halfway through my log my afr stopped logging then later in the log i realized almost everything stopped logging. got this log saved then the scanner crashed. sent crash report as well seems to be happening a lot in the latest couple versions any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller View Post
    Build 3.0.22 Scanner. There are instances where the channel values don't match the values listed in the Gauge and Chart vs. Time windows. This photo shows RPM, VSS & TPS being inconsistent.
    The gauge/chart interpolates between the two data points
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by spyder09 View Post

is anyone else having issues where the scanner stops logging? about halfway through my log my afr stopped logging then later in the log i realized almost everything stopped logging. got this log saved then the scanner crashed. sent crash report as well seems to be happening a lot in the latest couple versions any advice?
    Please contact support. We're doing beta testing to resolve the MPVI inputs dropping, and need feedback.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder09 View Post

I get this all this time where the scanner either stops logging or the afr freezes throwing the entire log off. Hopefully they get it figured out soon

Advanced Tuner
    In an attempt to verify all my prior histograms, I loaded all 60 into the graphs layout. When I click on the bar at the bottom of the Graphs list, it pops up a secondary list, but it's a little hard to read with some lines having multiple graphs and others not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fed View Post
    I get this all this time where the scanner either stops logging or the afr freezes throwing the entire log off. Hopefully they get it figured out soon
    in the mean time until this is fixed you can filter engine run time in the log to get rid of the parts of the log after it stopped recording values

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller View Post
    In an attempt to verify all my prior histograms, I loaded all 60 into the graphs layout. When I click on the bar at the bottom of the Graphs list, it pops up a secondary list, but it's a little hard to read with some lines having multiple graphs and others not.
    I think you officially have the most graphs of anyone on V3

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    MPVI A/D user transforms now travel with the Channel config file, so that's a step in the right direction.

For Math's, we'd like to add most of the common ones to the built in list. That would help solve sharing configs with math parameters. Sharing user maths with layout files isn't so easy.
    The problem with that is it doesn't solve the same problem we had in 2.24. For instance I have completely different "maths" (custom pids) for Gen 3 gm stuff as I do Gen 4 gm. I had to rename the vcm scanner.cfg file for each platform I tuned so that all my custom pids were setup for each application. One of the biggest is lambda error based off eq ratio. Gen 3 and ls2 applications used eq ratio while the Gen 4 stuff was inversed already and actually shows eq ratio = commanded lambda (technically by definition is wrong). That simple change means everytime I switch platforms I'm tuning for the day I have to go in and manually change one of my maths for wideband to read right. This is just one example there are multiple platforms I tune for including ford and Dodge and each one of them has generations that I have certain custom pids for. If the only way around this is for you all to add them to the built in maths then I have a very long list of items to be added!

There are too many differences between platforms for maths to not be saved with the actual configuration file. This one thing is the biggest frustration of 3.0.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 02-14-2016 at 08:23 PM.

At least you get a lot more math parameters to work with

I do wish there at least was a way to bulk save and import math parameters.

Setting them up as sensors instead of using specific PID's helps make them more universal. I also thought, but could be mistaken, that they fixed the whole EQ ratio being opposites on different generations thing. I'll have to try it sometime but I know I'm logging just regular ol "EQ Ratio Commanded" on an E40 right now and it's showing up as lambda. In 2.24 I had to use a math parameter that was 1/EQ ratio like you mentioned, so it seems they have somehow taken this into account.

I don't have a gen 3 car sitting around to try it on though. I know my E38 truck EQ ratio=commanded lambda, so maybe I'll do some logging on it tomorrow and see if the same config works on both. I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    The problem with that is it doesn't solve the same problem we had in 2.24. For instance I have completely different "maths" (custom pids) for Gen 3 gm stuff as I do Gen 4 gm. I had to rename the vcm scanner.cfg file for each platform I tuned so that all my custom pids were setup for each application. One of the biggest is lambda error based off eq ratio. Gen 3 and ls2 applications used eq ratio while the Gen 4 stuff was inversed already and actually shows eq ratio = commanded lambda (technically by definition is wrong). That simple change means everytime I switch platforms I'm tuning for the day I have to go in and manually change one of my maths for wideband to read right. This is just one example there are multiple platforms I tune for including ford and Dodge and each one of them has generations that I have certain custom pids for. If the only way around this is for you all to add them to the built in maths then I have a very long list of items to be added!

There are too many differences between platforms for maths to not be saved with the actual configuration file. This one thing is the biggest frustration of 3.0.
    What you could do is develop individual Groups based on the Commanded AFR/EQ protocols and save them separately in a library. Using the Sensor parameters will allow each of the individual groups to operate from platform to platform and produce universal error values. Depending on what Commanded protocol was required for the "tune of the day" you could simply copy in the required group to your chart and be good to go....I think that takes care of part of your concern.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Channels dropping out

I brought this up once or twice before.. but now it's more serious, channel data isn't showing back up... .

Scanner 3.0.22 on a 2010 E38 Camaro LS3

1) Start scanning like normal,
    2) Stop scanning,
    3) Bat Disconnect the ECU
    4) Reconnect ECU to power
    5) Start Scanning again
    At this point the scanner takes awhile to connect (doesn't re-poll channels like 2.24 does at this point) and most channels fail to log data: attached file "scan after batt disconnect.hpl".

to fix this I would close the scanner, and restart and seemed fine. But now I notice a few channels are still lost after restarting scanner and batt disconnect ECU, no data coming in for some channels... (scan after restart.hpl). These channels are: LTFT Bank 2, Fuel Pressure, Total Missfilres, CLutch Pedal POS, Fan Desired.

I have done these things to try and fix.. and none work so far (1+2 done at the same time, then 1-4 done in order)
    1) batt disconnect the ECU (full reset),
    2) Restart scanner,
    3) Reload the channels file.. no fix,
    4) Delete and re-add the PID (in this case, LTFT Bank 2, AC pressure, etc),

Don't really know how to fix this at this point...

If you want screen shots let me know, but these are the logs. Having problems uploading the channels.xml file.

I did load an older channels file and it does log these missing channels, but my newer file wont even if I delete and reload the problem channels...

scan before batt disconnect.hpl
    scan after batt disconnect.hpl
    scan after restart.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-14-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    +1

10_SS,

When you are having the issues... my guess is VCM Scanner isn't properly identifying your controller. You should be able to notice this on the title bar of VCM Scanner, as well as the Insert Channels form. If the scanner identifies your vehicle correctly, you should see some controller information on the Channel Selector form. If not, it will appear very generic with only SAE parameters.

If you click Disconnect in scanner, wait a few seconds, and then click Connect, does that resolve the issue?

Edit: Disregard that.. looking at your log, it appears that the broadcast parameters work after battery kill, but the polling parameters do not. This would have been good information to add to your question.

Do you have any other scan devices on the OBD port?

If not, contact support and we'll have to get you the 3.1 BETA so we can get a debug of what's going on to fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Acgrading View Post
    +1
    What's the formula?

FYI, the LC-1 and LC-2 are configurable, one of the huge benefits of those devices. You're much better off creating your own narrow range for it's output. This will minimize any voltage offset effect on your data.