Thread: 15 coyote decel fueling

15 coyote decel fueling

15 coyote, I've got a customer that wants popping on decel. tried a few things, idle drops too slowly and it won't pop. suggestions?

Senior Tuner
    Look at the spark cut ratio tables. You might think fuel cut ratios and so did I but it's one of the spark cut ratio values. Not sure which one as they are not labeled, but one of them makes the AF ratio stay rich on decel. It doesn't effect anything else except gas mileage I was getting 22-23mpg instead of 27-28. Gives some decent popping on decel. With a more open exhaust you could hear it more. You can hear/see it in the youtube video I posted in the transmission section. I can spend the time and find the exact one that does it if you want, but it might be a few days.

that's exactly what it looks like, just wasn't sure where to look. timing starts to drop on decel, but as soon as it starts to pop timing picks up and slows the decel rate. i'll look into that later this week when I can get the car back. thanks man!!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    find a PID for DFCO and start testing as to what works.

you can also use rpm speed and load to activate DFCO
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    spark only torque ratio table second blank box below cruise. That should be torque based decel torque ratio. set it to 1 and that should get rid of any spark advance. In the fuel cut torque ratio tables you will need to do the same but set the value to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    spark only torque ratio table second blank box below cruise. That should be torque based decel torque ratio. set it to 1 and that should get rid of any spark advance. In the fuel cut torque ratio tables you will need to do the same but set the value to 0.
    do you have all the definitions for those or??

Senior Tuner
    only the ones that have been defined.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks guys, murfie that's badass!! i'll have it here late this afternoon, will report back.

only the ones that have been defined.
    Interesting thing happened.
    I added a column to your table to try and match the row labels and blanks that show up in the editor. I copied the row labels out of editor and pasted into the table but then deleted the pasted text because it was just one long string.
    So I began manually entering the row labels from editor. Excel began to autofill the whole column, but the autofill labels are slightly different than the ones from your table and from editor. I thought they might provide some type of clue or information that could help someone. And I'm curious myself where they came from.
    Take a look
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GapRider; 02-28-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

I have been working on decel in general. Stock tune lets the RPM hang too long when changing gears (manual) and for the occasional "rev" when I see my neighbor in his black Camaro.
    • I've been able to get the gear change decel where I like it by adjusting Engine>Idle>Airflow>Torque Based Decel>Decel Torque Decay (negative rows - hi values, positive rows= 0.1)and Decel Max Rate Drive (x 10 stock for 900 and 3000 RPM rows)
    • I haven't made noticeable progress with the free rev RPM's hanging (other than disabling Torque based decel but that's a whole other can of worms)
    • The thing that has me really stymied is changing the decel when you let off the gas in gear. I notice no decel for about one full second after I let off, then it goes into DFCO.

In that first second
    logs show throttle angle steady at 9* or 10*, lambda around 1, and spark timing ramping down.
    Torque source = Tq based decel, Spark Source = Torque Control, Fuel Source = CL Stoich, Idle speed source remains "base RPM" throughout
    Spark ramps down to 8* and levels off

Then, for a very short time
    Torque source = Tipout limit, Spark Source = base, Fuel source = OL Tq Req Lean
    Throttle angle begins to ramp down, lambda begins ramping up

After that:
    Fuel source goes to OL Inj cut

My question is, how do I either lower the throttle angle during that first one second or how do I reduce the time it takes for the transition into DFCO?
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    Interesting thing happened.
    I added a column to your table to try and match the row labels and blanks that show up in the editor. I copied the row labels out of editor and pasted into the table but then deleted the pasted text because it was just one long string.
    So I began manually entering the row labels from editor. Excel began to autofill the whole column, but the autofill labels are slightly different than the ones from your table and from editor. I thought they might provide some type of clue or information that could help someone. And I'm curious myself where they came from.
    Take a look
    those look like what you would use when programming the ECU.

those look like what you would use when programming the ECU.
    It's interesting that the copy/paste included info that you don't see in editor. Makes me wonder if there is other stuff like that.

Senior Tuner
    i almost feel like it didnt come from the editor but some feature that excel does for text abbreviating. I can not replicate what you have found.