Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: V3 Scanner External MPVI channels freezing

The issues we seem to be unable to fix remotely:
    VCM Scanner locking up completely
    MPVI input stop logging
    Vehicle stops logging and locks up

If you have one of these issues and are willing to sell your laptop to us, please contact us immediately so we can get the ball rolling. I'd like to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

*bump*...

We want to get one of these affected laptops in house to test on ASAP. Anyone want to upgrade laptops?

Advanced Tuner
    Mine is owned by my job or I would sorry . I'm more than willing to do any sort of advanced debugging you'd like remotely (including remote sessions with you guys). I'm a sysadmin so I think I could handle whatever you throw my way.

Advanced Tuner
    Also having Scanner freezing issues with no inputs being used

I have one of the laptops I would send to you. It is the Dell I used to test with. It showed the same issue as my Sony. You do not have to buy it. I will send it to you and you can send it back when done.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Mine is owned by my job or I would sorry . I'm more than willing to do any sort of advanced debugging you'd like remotely (including remote sessions with you guys). I'm a sysadmin so I think I could handle whatever you throw my way.
    Same here. Using a phone as a hotspot you could teamviewer in while driving.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

We need a physical device in house so we can debug on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Understood, just offering. Standalone logging is working for me until a fix is found so no worries.

I have a new computer for you, its about 3 months old and Im having the same problems, I downloaded the beta last night and first log using beta... locked up. I tried leaving the MPVI disconnected, same thing, stops logging, screen freezes, and either have to use task manager to exit, or shut it off. 3 log attempts and all failed so if it will help move this along Ill get rid of my laptop and go buy another brand if you guys think its related to the computer. Its a new toshiba touch screen, Core i7 satellite. If you want me to call and discuss further, no problem, or you can call me , 901-413-6690, Brian Rowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The issues we seem to be unable to fix remotely:
    VCM Scanner locking up completely
    MPVI input stop logging
    Vehicle stops logging and locks up

If you have one of these issues and are willing to sell your laptop to us, please contact us immediately so we can get the ball rolling. I'd like to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Brian if you get another laptop pick up an amd one I think the general consensus is related to I series intels

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Rowland View Post
    I have a new computer for you, its about 3 months old and Im having the same problems, I downloaded the beta last night and first log using beta... locked up. I tried leaving the MPVI disconnected, same thing, stops logging, screen freezes, and either have to use task manager to exit, or shut it off. 3 log attempts and all failed so if it will help move this along Ill get rid of my laptop and go buy another brand if you guys think its related to the computer. Its a new toshiba touch screen, Core i7 satellite. If you want me to call and discuss further, no problem, or you can call me , 901-413-6690, Brian Rowland.
    Thank you Brian for your offer....I know you have been struggling with this.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I don't believe it's caused by I series Intels alone.. we've tested 20+ laptops here at our office, all I series intels, none have had any issues.

FWIW mine was freezing up today and crashing and I updated the software and it started working. The laptop I was using is a cheap one that is not very powerful. I have not had and crashes on my I core 5 yet.

Advanced Tuner
    I was playing around with the scanner today and I set the affinity to a single core and was able to log for 10 minutes+. I had never had success logging for that long before. I will try doing a longer log tomorrow.

To do this, open your scanner then open windows task manager and right click the vcm scanner in the process list and find set affinity. Unchecked all but a single core.

Just wanted to report in case anyone else wanted to try.

I'm going to do more testing tomorrow. This evening I recorded with no user defined math parameters for about 10 minutes, no issues. Imported a math parameter that uses a WB reading and 3 or 4 other things, started recording.. crashed several times, external inputs stopped working, pretty much every problem that's been talked about. Deleted it.. no problems again. I'll mess with it more tomorrow and post logs/debug/math parameter I was using if it does end up being correlated. I don't know if it's the main problem or not, but I'll report results after I know more.

Keith--I'm running mine on VMWare, you're welcome to the VM if you want it.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-26-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I'm going to do more testing tomorrow. This evening I recorded with no user defined math parameters for about 10 minutes, no issues. Imported a math parameter that uses a WB reading and 3 or 4 other things, started recording.. crashed several times, external inputs stopped working, pretty much every problem that's been talked about. Deleted it.. no problems again. I'll mess with it more tomorrow and post logs/debug/math parameter I was using if it does end up being correlated. I don't know if it's the main problem or not, but I'll report results after I know more.

Keith--I'm running mine on VMWare, you're welcome to the VM if you want it.
    Same I'm able to use the scanner as much as I'd like without external inputs.

I should have clarified. By "deleted it" I meant I deleted the math parameter that was using an external input. I left the external input.. but I'll mess with it more tomorrow to try to get some kind of consistent result

Tuner in Training
    setting the affinity in task manager for the scanner to use only cpu0 on my hp I7 laptop seems to be a work around so far. did quite a few logs today recording, stop, disconnecting, flashing and more scanning. was done using a different car (07 cobalt ss vs my 04 ion redline) not very much different ECMs and will test with my car some tomorrow or later tonight possibly

Tuner in Training
    also meant to reply this earlier but keith the driver for channel a and b is 2.8.28.0

I just sent in a log, debug.dat and info on the computer I'm using regarding the external input freezing issue. I can get more if needed.