Thread: rev & idle issues - mustang v6 3.7

Tuner

rev & idle issues - mustang v6 3.7

this is a customers car that has full bolt ones

we faced an issue where we rev the car on Neutral and the RPM holds on a certain RPM for couples of seconds

attached the stock and tuned files

2012 - mustang v6 - mohammad altassan - stock.hpt2012 - mustang v6 - mohammad altassan - T.hpt

also in relation to idle

once i even oped the speed limiter, i see the engine won/t idle properly !

so i have to add at least 100 on RPM

Has the car consistently struggled to idle, even after multiple drives? My car wouldn't idle once after a flash. I flashed it, took it on a 20 minute drive and it drove and idled fine. Got home and all of the sudden the car started to hunt for idle, until the point it would almost die. I took the car out a few hours later and tried to replicate the problem, and the car wouldn't do it, it was like it never even happened. Post a datalog of when the car struggles to idle and the revs fall slowly. Maybe someone else can help you with this, not too sure what is causing this idle issue. What all is done to the car parts wise? Does it have Longtube headers? You can log STIT and LTIT to see how much idle air the car is adding. To get any real help though, we need to see a log. For the rev hang you could maybe try pulling a little air from higher rpm values of the Idle Airflow P/N table.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 02-29-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    please post all the parts on this car, another thing. save your customers life and dont open the speed limit as those driveshaft area very weak and can snap in half.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    please post all the parts on this car, another thing. save your customers life and dont open the speed limit as those driveshaft area very weak and can snap in half.
    ...at about 123 MPH with a 2.73 the stock single piece will fail. Always a good idea to replace that and the dual mass clutch.