Thread: 6R80 TCC Slip and Apply

6R80 TCC Slip and Apply

Can someone explain the TCC tables a bit? Mainly, what does the Slip and Apply columns mean/do?

I made an excel to convert to RPMs, but I am not sure what Slip will do, is that when it starts Applying and Apply is when it is locked?

my bad, wrong forum!

mod can move to Transmission section if necessary
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 10-20-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Can someone explain the TCC tables a bit? Mainly, what does the Slip and Apply columns mean/do?

I made an excel to convert to RPMs, but I am not sure what Slip will do, is that when it starts Applying and Apply is when it is locked?

my bad, wrong forum!

mod can move to Transmission section if necessary
    That is my guess, but I have not been able to test it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    I was using a sheet that converted to RPM but found it difficult to match up shift and down shift with when the converter locks and unlocks with out bucking and engine lugging. I expanded the sheet to use engine RPM and MPH. RPM gives you a view of what the input shaft might be doing compared to the output shaft speed if TCC was locked. MPH shows a more accurate time of when you want the TCC to unlock/slip or slip/lock.

This is for 27.3" tires and 3.55 rear end. just modify the 13.6 to half your tires diameter and the 3.55 to your rear end and recopy the formulas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by murfie; 03-03-2016 at 03:21 PM.

thanks, murfie!