Thread: Rear O2 Delete on 2004 Durango

Tuner in Training

Rear O2 Delete on 2004 Durango

I am just starting into the Dodge world.
    On a 2004 Durango with the cats deleted I tried to turn the rear o2's off by disabling in Open & Closed Loop\Oxygen Sensors as well as unchecking any rear O2 items in Engine Diags\DTC's (SES Enable and MIL).
    When stock the MIL light was on and there were O2 codes unfortunately I didn't pay attention to what they were.
    Now it has P0137 & P0157 O2 Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 & 2 Sensor 2).
    What am I missing to disable the sensors, eliminate the codes and turn off the MIL Light.
    Thanks
    2004_Durango_John_O2_Del.hptJohn_2004_Durango_Codes.pdf

Senior Tuner
    Those codes usually indicate a failing 02 sensor or a bad harness connection. I would start by inspecting the harness and connections, if ok I would replace with OEM sensor. You shouldn't get those codes from just being catless, those codes are for the basic function of the sensor which should occur regardless of cat condition.

Tuner in Training
    Is it not possible to turn them off and completely eliminate the rear O2's.
    Even physically remove them.

Senior Tuner
    As mentioned turn off the MIL check box as well, should go away, you only unchecked the SES light.

Tuner in Training
    Am I missing anything else. I originally had SES and MIL check boxes unchecked and had the code and light on.
    I have tried various permutations of SES and MIL checked or unchecked and have been unable to turn the light off.
    Thought I must be missing something else.

Tuner in Training
    I have changed the tune a bit to delete the rear O2s.
    Am I missing anything else?
    Thanks.2004_Durango_John_O2_Del_8Mar2016.hpt

I don't know why you would get the codes with the boxes unchecked. Might be a bug in the software.
    There is really no reason to remove the rear o2's after a cat delete. Just put them back in and turn off 420, 421, 430 and 431. No cat codes and no rear o2 codes.
    And as long as you put the rear o2 enable temp back to stock it will pass the o2 monitor for emission inspection in states that have it.