Thread: When scanning STFT's my histogram stays white and shows all 0's.

Tuner

When scanning STFT's my histogram stays white and shows all 0's.

I was under the impression I'd see some color and different values. I'm SD tuning in OL.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    are you getting any feedback from your O2 sensor?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    I think that was our issue. Come to find out the rear O2's were being used on the vehicle. The front O2's were not connected. Since I deleted the rear O2's during set up we were getting false readings. We connected the front O2's and kept the rear O2's deleted. Once this was done the STFT'S now get a colored reading and have a good range of feed back. Hopefully that info will help someone.

My question now is when scanning to fill the STFT table when in 1st gear (4l60e) the readings are pink if not red with numbers in the 10-16 range. When we manually shift to 2nd or 3rd gear the stft jump immediately to 0-6 range with a nice green color. Why does 1st gear have an issue and the rest of the gears dont? When in 1st gear the WB AFR is showing lean 14-15 range. When in 2nd and 3rd the AFR shows 12.2-13.5.

Also how can I verify 100% that I'm in OL? I've read the tutorials and followed instruction to get the truck into OL. How can I verify it?

Not sure about the different trims on the different gears but I would just average them all together.

The only way to tell that you're in open loop is to scan fuel trims and make sure they're zero when they would normally be reading. Also don't forget to erase stored fuel trim data via VCM controls before you start open loop tuning.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Average them together...got it. I'll do that this evening.

I'm pretty consistent on erasing stored fuel trim data before each log.

I did notice on my PID table when scanning I do have a PID for Mass Air Flow. It's reading in Hz. When scanning I'm getting a running value there. The value does change with throttle position. On the same issue I've read that the Mass Air meter will operate but not send/share info with the VE table.