Thread: Fuel Injector Questions

Tuner in Training

Fuel Injector Questions

I have a 2014 C7 Z51 Corvette. It is stock except for an AFE CAI and it has been converted to E85 with the appropriate tune. I am learning how to tune and have a couple of questions.

Looking at my logging data (on the street), I see some things that don't look right to me.

Injector Fuel Rate - Using the Editor, Engine>Fuel>General, it says the injector flow rate is 121.1 lb/hr. In the chart (below), the injectors have gone as high as 156.5 lb/hr. and stayed in that area for some duration. To me it looks like I'm over running the injectors as much as 45 lb/hr. I would think this will prematurely reduce the life of the injectors. Are there other tables or multipliers involved in this? Remember, I'm a rookie at this and may all wrong, be gentle.

Lambda at WOT - The chart is showing lambda at wot as .91-.92. Should this be more like .87? Most tuners say that when using use gasoline (no E85) you should use .85-.87 as a good lambda. I'm not sure if one has anything to do with the other.

Thanks for your help.

Injector Question.jpg

Well the IFR is relative to a fixed pressure which is close to 10 MKpa in this situation....therefore the logged value you are looking is based upon the static flow rate and then increased based upon pressure.

The correct lambda is the one that works the best...certain fuels can vary this.....91-.92 seems a bit rich for E85 but in a DI motor we can run leaner ratios since the cooling attribute of fuel direct in the chamber allows for this.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports