Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some tuning help please for a newbie.

Banned
    Z06, I am running a Z06 pump with a Kenne bell BAP and nothing else.

I am assuming my dyno guy set the injector data as we did have that conversation while I was there. Prior to going there I did have it running but it was pig rich. but now it seems to be ok. not throwing black smoke anymore, idles pretty well where before it was really choppy. but I could check myself if I knew what I was looking for. I know there is scaling involved just not sure how thats done at the moment. I am using Bosch FIC 80# injectors. fuel pressure is right at 60psi at idle according to the standalone gauge.

You need to call or email FIC and get your injector data. Do you have any data for the MAP sensor, readings at 0 and 5 volts?

Only injector changes I see is the "injector offset" has been changed from Vacuum to MAP and Injector Flow Rate vs KPA set to 63.5 across the board.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Banned
    I noticed that too on the 63.5 across the board. offhand I thought there was more to it than that. I will call/email them for the info as suggested.
    as for the map I do have the info on that and I dont think the tune is correct since it reads 12.2 with car on and not running. its supposed to be -1.65 offset and 268.9 kpa linear I also have the MAP sensor curve as well.
    thanks Hammer

If it's using a vacuum/boost referenced regulator then the injector flow rate very well may need to be one value across the whole table, but otherwise that is wrong

And good luck on FIC injector data.

So in looking at your tune the injector data is NOT right. There is no voltage offset for MAP entered even though MAP is selected as the offset method. In talking to FIC fLow rate is normally set to 400 KPA or 58 Lbs at leas that is what they tell you to se in the instructions. Schpenel is correct there has to more to you fuel system. None of the injector pulse information looks accurate either. I have setnt an email and will have the data shortly. You must have a fuel return? And a manual regulator like schenel said. What pressure does it read at an idle? Also is the regulator MAP referenced?

Also if your MAP sensors are correct you only have 19 KPA difference between barometric and manifold pressure at idle. Seems very low. Are you really at 4800 feet of elevation where the log was taken?

Banned
    Like I said before the MAP is not reading correctly. it reads 12.2 engine not running where it should read 14.8 or so. I suspect its because it isnt set properly with the offset and the curve. as both of you have noted. I do not have a regulator. fuel pressure is 60psi at idle. do I need a regulator? if so where does it go in the system. seems I need to look for a different guy to tune/dyno my car. appears this guy doesnt know any more than I do. but I plan to change that given a little time and some insight from you more experienced guys. I do appreciate the help and advice.

Banned
    ok the MAP thingy was bugging me. so I took a moment and entered the correct MAP data and flashed it and poof it reads correctly now. amazing how that works.

On the fuel. Injector data has to be right BEFORE you go further. Otherwise you are chasing your tail. With the fuel the way it is set it implies a fixed flow with an manual regulator that is MAP referenced. If it is not that type of system then what is in your tune is wrong. I would be VERY careful driving this car. All of this should have been done before you ever started it, let alone drive it. The closet guy I know to you is Mike Norris Motorsports. May want to call him. I will get you correct injector data but it is still based on how the fuel system is setup.

Banned
    jsllc, OK i hear ya. I have not driven it since i came home from the dyno. it just didnt seem right to me. thats why I made this post for help and started looking at it myself. I sent FIC an email this morning still havent heard back from them. between you and I maybe one of us will get a reply. but based on others comments Im not holding my breath.

I have a call into a different dyno/tuning place. they do my son in laws drag car but are further away. but at this point seems like it might be my best option. aside from trying to sort some of this out myself.

the fuel system consists of a Z06 pump in the tank. a Kenne bell BAP with a 3lb boost switch to activate it and thats pretty much it. if I need a regulator tell me, so I can get one. and tell me what Im looking for. Im not afraid to spend money on it to make it right.

Yeah with that setup the flow rate should be changing across the whole IFR table