Thread: 5.3 tune help

5.3 tune help

I am completely new to tuning and would like a few tips.Ii have a 2004 silverado 4x4 that is stock with exhaust and 4.88 gears. From what i have learned so far i know to turn off all toque management. But other than that i have no idea where to begin iv been a carburetor guy my whole life and i figured its time to learn fuel injection. any information will be greatly appreciated

I wouldn't recommend turning off all torque mgnt, some of that is what keeps the weak stock 4L60e alive. Disable some of it on the engine side of tuning but not all of it.

Of course everything will be a learning curve but reading is the best way to start. Learning the editor and scanner and what each table means and does.

Changing your gear ratio is easy if you need to do so, that stuff is under the edit tab then gear/tire wizard. Input your tire size and gear ratio and commit the changes, it should auto scale the transmission settings for you. Past that simple things to do on stock vehicles is change performance enrichment settings to not be so held back. Stock settings have large delays and slow entry settings for various reasons. And the stock transmission shifting is pretty slow and made for comfort, you can quicken them up slightly to give it a more chrisp feel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the info! I deffinatly have a lot of learning to do....

Potential Tuner
    anything on the new 2015/2016 fuel injection 5.3s and so on. I have some info but always looking for more. You can never have enough.