Thread: TPS does not work after reflash

Tuner

TPS does not work after reflash

I need help troubleshooting on 98 fbody ecm 16239740 . After making some changes for the fan controls, computer is not able to pick up on throttle position sensor. I have flashed back to old working tunes from years ago with same result. I have found from 2007 where someone had issue with hptuners writing wrong data for fan controls causing them not to work. Wondering if this is similar issue and need help to resolve it. I was ready to just replace the ecm, and even bought one. But when contacting support, they were extremely firm on no credit transfer/refund/discount. I have couple of other vehicles that I was saving credits for and do not see it reasonable loosing 2 credits/$100 on this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    any dtc's?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I am going to go ahead and get the infolog and submit to support, but it did start to throw a code for tps. The interesting part is that LT B1 and LT B2 respond to throttle movement, but tp stays at zero.
    I have traced the signal to the computer as valid.
    Last edited by yevgenievich; 04-28-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Tuner
    Throwing all the files I have for this here if anybody else have feedback. I need help understanding on why it does not work. On 10th log all is working, then I had to update to newest version to read some other files. Made changes, mainly disabling maf sensor for attempting on tuning. All later logs, TPS does not display and it had a pending TPS Low. I have added all throttle related PID's to the config, and throttle position is hidden when connected to the vehicle. It is reading a sensor value. Tried to change the gauge properties with not much success. Possible that I do not have the pid selected correctly and a pending tps was really from long ago due to it actually being loose at some point of time? Might be that I was chasing for an issue that did not exist, and it is just me having issues with using the newer version of the software.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    It is working at this time. I am now able to see a new PID in the list of options. It was Throttle Position SAE and that is the one that worked. I did a full slow speed write reflash. This was a last effort before going ahead with getting teamviewer set up. I have loaded default pid config after seeing it work and it loaded the Throttle Position SAE in the spot that would load empty before. I do not know what caused this to happen, but it did send me on a wild chase for half a month.